cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for Coverage Profile function in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our SNP Heuristic planning scenario I would like to carryout a macro function to calculate the equivalent of 'R/3 Coverage Profile'. The requirement is such that the average future demand of 180days is multipled by 14 days and this quantity needs to be maintained as Safety stock.

For ex.

Demand of next 180day = 900 T

Avg demand = 900/180

Target safety stock = Avg demand14days = (900/180)14 = 70T

For this I have created a TS Keyfig to calculate the Average demand per day and am trying to update (copy KF) this as the safety stock Key figure

Could someone please guide on the right approach ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, the requirement is to calculate an Avg safety stock based on avg demand in future, as explained above. For this i made a simple macro to display this dynamic Avg Saf stock value as a TS KF.

Now I would like to have the SNP Heruistic run consider and plan this figure as a typical safety stock, and above that to plan receipts for the existing Dep demand. So my planning book would look something like this,

Dep demand

Receipts

Stock on Hand

Avg Safety stock

How do I map in the system to take into account this 'Avg safety stock' quantity in place of my normal 'safety stock' ? If this can be done, which are the standard macros that I need to replace this new TS KF into. (in the place of the safety stock)

Note: The PA and PB used is a copy of std 9ASNP02 and 9ASNP94.

Can anyone please comment or is there an alternative way this can be handled ? Your response will be highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your planning book you need to make sure that you have the Key Figure Function 3003 assigned to your Average Safety Stock key figure (Key Fig Attributes tab), you will also need to remove this assignment from the standard planning book key figure SAFTY as you cannot have two key figures with the same assignment.

Once you have done this, then any SNP Planning Function will recognise your Average KF as the value of Safety Stock it needs to plan to for that bucket.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I made the following changes '3003' assigned to the TS KF in the Plng book, also removed this assignment from the standard planning book key figure SAFTY, but it has not helped. Additionally I read few notes (646738, 862251) which say that for versions above SCM4.0 the standard PA/PB 9ASNP02/ 9ASNP94 will support only Standard safety stock methods. (my PA and PB is a copy of std 9ASNP02 and 9ASNP94)

But has anyone calculated the safety stock with a TS KF and used this figure as a normal safety stock quantity for planning i.e, by assigning the 'KF function' 3003 as suggested above ? Am i missing something here ? Experts, please share your ideas