cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TABLE documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been tasked with changing some SPs that refer to quite a few TABLEs and am looking form documentation as to what each TABLE is. I am specifically working with PP_*.

Is there a specific forum for this? Or is there any documentation describing each of the TABLEs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get a Short description from SE11 --> database table --> drop down list --> table name = <your table(s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the pointer.

Unfortunately, i do not understand that. All i have (right now) is a DB connection and a list of SPs i'm looking at.

What is SE11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are SPs?

Afaik it means support packages.

But in case you deal with support packages, you should know about SE11.

Are you really working in SAP Basis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i wasn't clear.

By SP i meant Stored Procedure. I am working on 11 stored procedures dealing with exported data from SAP. I don't actually use the front-end, and i do not know the terms (yet). I'm learning as i am going along. I figured the SAP forums would be a good place to start, but i don't know which forum would be best for this sort of thing. Being i'm dealing with Oracle and the data from SAP, this forum seemed like a good one.

The code was written by an SAP contractor some time ago, and is no longer supported by them.

The TABLEs are EPO_Models and a bunch of PP_*. I'm trying to understand, for example, the difference between PP_AT_Respcenter and PP_Respcenter. Is this the right forum for something like that? Do i need to provide more information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are dealing with exported data from SAP, not with the SAP database itself?

Are you sure the table names in your database are the same as in the SAP database?

I just looked in one of our SAP systems (ECC 6.0), and there isn't a table PP_AT_Respcenter nor

PP_Respcenter.

If those names were invented by those people who created the export programs, then sorry, this is not the correct forum.

Ask those who created the tables or look for the documentation they left, if any ...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just asked, and was told these are used in the PCM module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, PCM isn't part of our system.

You may find information about SAP tables in tables DD02L and DD02T.

You may access them by SE16 or sqlplus.

I suppose you don't know SE16. But I am sure you know about sqlplus.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Well, PCM isn't part of our system.

Please explain, i am confused. I thought PCM was owned by SAP.

>I suppose you don't know SE16. But I am sure you know about sqlplus.

Yep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought PCM was owned by SAP.

That's right.

But when you install SAP, you needn't (and usually won't) install all the available modules.

Just stick to what you really need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heh. I won't argue with that! Nonetheless, i was tasked within the PCM module, so that's no longer an option.

Got three queries possibly done. After formatting the CURSOR so it's query was readable, i noticed missing clauses, doubled clauses, and so on. Unformatted WHERE clauses are bad enough, but the ANSI join style just adds to the obfuscation. Anyway, they were all (first three) missing the version name, and collected all versions. Assuming that was an issue, i got the query times down to seconds (from minutes).

So now, we know it is PCM, and i have to work with it. Is there any place to find documentation for the PCM TABLEs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if I correctly understood.

Did you try tables DD02L and DD02T, as suggested above? Should apply to PCM as well, I presume.

Besides that: Google?