cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking 2 files without BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario in which I need to pick up 2 file (Different file format) from a directory and send to ECC. The scenario will be file to IDOC. i target side single IDOC.

Please help me to achieve this. Can I pick up these different format files and send to one idoc without BPM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doing this scenario with BPM seems to be better. What is the size of your source files? If the idoc is not going to be large file then you go for BPM.

Use Collect Pattern (payload or time) with correlation or so to receive messages . Do mapping in the ID level and finally send message using send step.

If you go for one file sender side and another attachment, you have to do java mapping but the problem with that design is not user friendly for logging or tracing the information about second file. But avoiding bpm might give better performance. If you dont have large volume files then go for BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kevin,

your Scenario is n:1 so it's possiable with BPM only because with out bpm merging is not possaible .

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

For this you need to do multimapping.....in multimapping 1:n transformation we can perform without using BPM....but here it is n:1...so you've to use BPM....otherwise th system can not understand how to correlate two different messages coming from two different files.

Thanks

Priyanka

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can tryy to use java mapping for that.

In sender file adapter you can specify one file as normal one and another is an additional file.

So PI will create the main payload using the first file and add the second additinal file as attachment.

In java mapping or using UDF you have to access the attachment.

You can find some documentation in the below link regarding attachment handling in SAP Pi.

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/SP3/xpi/com/sap/aii/mapping/api/Attachment.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you suggest any blog for this

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

If you want to go with Java mapping then this thread will definately help you.