cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code Sample Example for Usage in Smarform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are trying to print the barcode on the Manufacturing Sheet and should contain the PART code, Serial Number and the Mfg. Date embeded in the bar code.

Can somebody share the sample Bar Code Example for Usage in Smarforms.

I never got a chance to work on such development. We are getting different answers from our development partner and sould like to excersize this on my own.

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Ravati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ravati, It's simple!!

Follow the example below for printing barcode in smartform .

There are some SAP standard barcodes(for ex.ARTNR,AUFNR ..etc) and also we can create our own barcode for it by using transaction code SE73.

1. Steps for using existing barcode in Smartform

For Printing Barcode in Smartform, you need to have the style with barcode active in it. So define new style where the standard settings should define the barcode that you want to use in the smartform.

For example, For product information display I use the Style as ZMFG_BARCODE.

Create paragraph & character format as "P1 - Product Description". In standard setting of character format P1, select the standard or custom defined barcode. This will ensure the printing of Product Information in Barcode format.

Now Create Smartform with output options specifying style name which you have created with Barcode active.

Complete your smartform coding, and when you want to display the information in barcode, concatinate all the required information and enclose that text in character format like,

for Product Code assuming the technical field name as mara-matnr, it should be printed as below:

<P1>&mara-matnr&</>

2. Steps to create new barcode using SE73 - SAPScript Font Maintenance.

In SE73, Select radio button "System barcode" to create new barcode. While creation of this barcode, you have to describe the new barcode, select technology new, barcode symbology and barcode alignment.

You may also chage the barcode parameter if required.

Now follow the same steps to implement this new barcode.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravin,

This is really a great help and gives an overview on how to use the Bar code. Seriously it is simple.

Thanks again. Please share your contact details and I will touch base with you for my further quesries.

Best Regards,

Ravati.

Answers (0)