cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting "NoClassDefFoundError" on activating changes through NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we are getting the following error whenever i am activating any changes through NWDI.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mdm/commands/CommandException

while ,whenever we are trying direct deployment (DC name >development component > build >deploy ) it is working fine.

we are using NWDS 7.0.15.

we have extensively checked for jars version mismatch and dependency structure ,but everything seems to be ok.

please let me know,in the dependency types/dependency structure to be used when external library dc , j2ee server Library dc , and webdynpro dc are involved in the project.

i have checked the CBS build logs and there i can see the build is successful .

Appreciate any kind of help/suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Few months back the application was working properly with the same code and procedure that we are following now .

The code is getting activated properly.

Right now only the Prod env is working fine as a test transport from dev to quality introduced the error in quality too.

we tried deploying the last successfully transported SCA's (working fine in Prod enviroment) on the new track but it is also showing the same error.

As nothing seems to be working we are planning to get the working code from PROD env and deploy it on a new track. Is it possible? if yes, please explain the steps/procedure to do so.

Regards

Gaurav

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are not using standard MDM API SCA?

you put mdm api in ext lib and wrap it in ear dc?

if yes, i think you have to checkin and activate this two dc first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because you have not activaed the code and the used dcs are available locally.