cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Indicators in inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

I created MICs and assigned the selected set and assigned the control indicators. But when i create the inspection plan for the material and assign the MIC, system is not copying the control indicators from MIC.

This is happening only in the production client. In the quality client, system works fine and copies the control indicators maintained in MIC to inspection plan.

I checked all the configurations but could not find anything related.

Can anybody help?

Thanks & Regards

Prathib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prathib

It doesnu2019t matter whether it is complete or incomplete MIC as far as copying of control indicators from MIC to inspection plan is concerned.

If you are dealing with incomplete MIC, then at the time of inspection plan creation you need to specify lower, upper, target values, may be decimal places and selected set in case of qualitative MIC.

Control indicators mean the various ticks that you choose while creating MIC in QS21, for example, Lower, Upper, Target values tick, fixed scope, or required, optional characteristic etc.

I think system will never behave contradictorily in quality and production server because itu2019s certainly not a customizing issue.

What I would suggest is, note down what control indicators you have chosen for MIC in QS24.

While creating inspection plan, use this MIC. If itu2019s incomplete give necessary information and proceed. Select the entire MIC line and click on control indicator tab. Note down what indicators it shows.

I am sure would be same.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not seen anything like that and as Anand indicated, I can't think of anything in config that would impact that.

The only thing I can think of would be security. Is there any chance that in production there is some type of security in place that prevents you from accessing a particular MIC? For instance, do you have the MIC's in plant 1000 and you are using them in an inspection plan in plant 2000? It's very odd that the selected set is being copied but not the control indicators.

I would as Anand suggested, step through the process once again.

Also, is there any chance that you are defaulting in, or entering a "Preset indicator" value on the characteristic line? If you use an incomplete copy model MIC and then enter a "preset indicator" it should take the control indicators from the the preset and not the MIC.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is model of MIC.

Is it incomplete : then you have to select the control indicators in task list only.

If its other model then check the Version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Its incomplete copy model. But this is same in production and quality system. But the control indicators are getting copied to inspection plan from MIC in quality system but not in production system.

Regards

Prathib

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can only happen only with Incomplete copy model.

what you can do is make sure that in both the places its complete.Then it has to work as there is no point in having Incomplete copy model.