cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 EHP1: connection from dispatcher to all WPs is lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in the process of upgrading our BI 7.0 to BI 7.0 EHP1, we have also upgraded our kernel level to 111. we are now having a lot of issues like the following one:

• ERROR => DpWPCheck: W1 (pid 21237784) died (severity=0, status=721035) [dpxxdisp.c 15884]

child (pid=21237784) killed with signal 11

Signal 11 occurs when the WP is abnormally terminated, also CORE dump is created as a result.

the connection from dispatcher to all WPs is lost..so WP restarts itself after some time and hence nobody is able to connect..

the system is up but since WP is restarting..nobody can connect

The short term solution is to restart the system but i would like to find a long term one.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you post the latest work process logs. Sometimes system restart could be caused due to memory issues.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Kernal patch level fixes. and you can delete the CORE dump this will not affect anywhere.

I think you were not completed properly the pre-request which was suggested in upgrade guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Jibin.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the recent Patch available on Service market place or there is any recent version available. I would say to update the latest patch becuase there are some bug in so many Kernel due to Signal 11 is coming. You can check the bug fixes on later patch information if available for you release.

Regards,

Subhash