cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 -> XI -> File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create the above scenario, having all kinds of problem. I am new to XI and any help would be appreciated.

I have created the RFC Channel. (by r/3 -> TCODE SM59)

Q: Gateway Host (Should it be XI server host name?

I have configured the RFC_SENDER adapter with the same program ID and when I do "test connection" the RFC channel it works fine.

In the scenario:

Message Mapping:I have created RFC request to a my defined MT

Interface mapping: I have RFC.request mapped to a inbund Asynch MI. Is that correct?

I have created the RFC and a ABAP program to trigger the scenario (as per the one of the posts from the forum)

Now when I am running the scenario by SM58 and executing the program) I am getting the error:

<b>lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel</b>

Please help me solve the problem.

Thanks,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> I am trying to create the above scenario, having all

> kinds of problem. I am new to XI and any help would

> be appreciated.

>

> I have created the RFC Channel. (by r/3 -> TCODE

> SM59)

> Q: Gateway Host (Should it be XI server host name?

It should be the name of the host where your Jco rfc server program registered. In your case it's the XI server.

> I have configured the RFC_SENDER adapter with the

> same program ID and when I do "test connection" the

> RFC channel it works fine.

>

> In the scenario:

> Message Mapping:I have created RFC request to a my

> defined MT

> Interface mapping: I have RFC.request mapped to a

> inbund Asynch MI. Is that correct?

>

> I have created the RFC and a ABAP program to trigger

> the scenario (as per the one of the posts from the

> forum)

>

> Now when I am running the scenario by SM58 and

> executing the program) I am getting the error:

> <b>lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via

> CPA-cache failed for channel</b>

It looks like the logical system id of the sending system is not maintained in SLD. You can verify this by going to Integration Directory, open your Business system in your scenario by doubleclicking it, switch to edit mode and choose service -> Adapter-Specific identifiers from the menu. In the edit adapter-specific indetifiers dialogue, click the button 'compare with SLD'. If you didn't get value in the field 'Logical System', that means the parameter is not maintained in SLD correctly. Please add it at first.

>

> Please help me solve the problem.

>

> Thanks,

> Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look at the SAP Note on FAQ RFC adapter:730870

<i>Q 15: Whats wrong when the error message "lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed" shows up while sending a RFC call to the RfcAdapter?

A: A RFC sender channel is located beneath a service within the Integration Directory. Within this service choose "Service" -> "Adapter-Specific Identifiers". The values in the fields "R/3 System ID" and "Client" has to be maintained with the correct values of the system, that sends the RFC call to the RfcAdapter. It normaly only makes sense to have these values filled for services of type "Business System". If maintained in SLD, this fields will be filled automaticaly for services of type "Business System" and can be updated with the button "Compare with System Landscape Directory".

If a non-ABAP system is used to send RFC-calls to the RFC-Adapter sender channel it may is not possible to set the SYS-ID and CLINET values in this external RFC client. The checking of these values can be disabled in the 'RFC Server Parameter' settings in the sender channel. Choose 'Advanced Mode' and deselect 'Verify Sender System'.</i>

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I have created the RFC Channel. (by r/3 -> TCODE SM59)

Q: Gateway Host (Should it be XI server host name?

I have configured the RFC_SENDER adapter with the same program ID and when I do "test connection" the RFC channel it works fine</i>

The Gateway Host & Gateway Service Should be of R/3 server.The connection will be of type TCP/IP. The program name which you specify in the communication channel should be used in the RFC Sender Adapter.

If you test the connection as soon as you created it would give some error. So only test the connection once you have created the RFC sender adapter.

Cheers,

Sumit

Answers (0)