cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing custom collection variable using excel workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just wanted to ask has somebody tried Importing custom collection variable using excel workbook?

Actually I have defined a few collection variable in master gareement and now I am looking to use excel work book to import contract/ master agreement.It works fine for extension field but for extension collection I am not able to achieve the same

Regards

Mudit Saini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

There is a separate import template you can use for importing extension collections. The template has a CLASS column which is the class name. In your case for MAs, use contracts.Contract. OBJECT column is the MA id (MA-0001-2010). COLLECTION column is the extension collection id. Rest of the columns are placeholder for the extension fields in the collection.

When importing you need to choose u201CExtension Collectionsu201D for the Object Type.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram for your inputs!

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

What should OBJECT column be, when importing a collection on a Contract document, class : doccommon.ContractDocument ?

Regards,

S.

0 Kudos

Hi Simion,

Good question. Since the Contract Documents don't have an external id, this gets a bit tricky. In the OBJECT column you would have to enter the value of UNIQUE_DOC_NAME which is a long number. Unfortunately, this values in not displayed on the UI. You may have to write a custom query to get the UNIQUE_DOC_NAME and then add it to the import file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

We have an Extension collection in Contract Document and as you mentioned I put the UNIQUE_DOC_NAME for the specific contract (obtained via query) in the OBJECT field of the import template. When I do the import I get a Null Pointer Exception though. Can you please help me understand if I am missing something?

CLASSOBJECTCOLLECTION
doccommon.ContractDocument-21474744371332777634839xyz

# Failed: object 1: java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks for your help,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

It appears that you have done the right thing. The fact that Contract Document is not a top level object, but a subordinate of the MA, we may have an issue here. Let me check on this and get back to you if there is a workaround.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I tested this and it worked fine for me. I would make sure the Object column in your csv has the correct UNIQUE_DOC_NAME value. I presume you are using the UNIQUE_DOC_NAME of the Contract Document and not MA.

Regards,

Vikram