Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of Inspection of finished goods by third party vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Greetings!!!

I have a senario to be mapped into SAP.

After finished goods inspection by our internal quality team, we are requesting the external vendor for inspecting the same finished goods before delivery to the customer.This is because based on the external vendor inspection certificate the customer approves the qulaity of the product.

Kindly help to map this senario into SAP.Currently we are doing finished good inspection by 04 inspection type.

Thanks inn advance,

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

why can't you use inspction point identification for the same lot .For the same lot you can do RR twice by changing identification.

Configure the identification as below

1.Testing party

2.Test inspector

3.Date

4.Time

when you will do testing internally all the above four parameters will be different than when TPI will do inspection.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

Have you tried to use Inspection lot origin's 10 & 11???

If you want to specify the customer, u can use 10 inspection lot origin in the material master.

Here when you raise a delivery for the material batch, system will generate the lot though stock irrelevant, you can record the results given by the 3rd party here in this lot.

If u want to record the results irrespective of the customer then go with type 11.

Revert back for clarifications if any..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your views.

@ krishna: Boss i think physical sample senario is not relevant for finished goods inspection by third party vendor in our premises.

@Ganapathi: i tried inspecction types 10 and 11, with minimum adavantage.

Can any one sugggest more ideas please......

Thank you,

Naveen.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Since you do not want to carry out stock posting again and also want to ensure u201Cpost goods issueu201D should happen only after inspection, I would suggest use inspection type 10.

It would be helpful for us to know what u201CMinimum Advantageu201D you noted with this inspection type.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried Inspection type "10" and its not allowing to create manual lots for inspection.

I would like to know how to map third party inspection of finished goods.

Thanks for your views.

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Up to my knowledge we dont have lot origins for 3rd Party Inspection.

Inspection type 89 is created as MIcs i.e for all other kinds of inspections that are not stock relevant.

Gurus please correct me if iam wrong about the first line.

Now as per your requirement, 3rd party results are important and without which the stock will not be dispatched.

Even 10 inspection type will raise a lot that is not stock relevant but this is automatic.

Now for the same lot you want 2 inspections to happen. if you want both to be automatic use 03 inspection type for your internal purpose and use 04 for the external recording.

If you want manual inspection, go for 89 inspection type.

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is: to create an additional inspection lot - for which there will be a third party inspection.

It is NOT stock relevant. It probably is: Certificate relevant.

That's the reason why: I suggested you to use Physical Sample (Inspn type 15).

By this inspection: you can ask the Third party to come and draw a sample. After that, you can assign the sample number to it. Hence, it becomes traceable to the Batch/lot/material/date and sample number.

Once sample is drawn and tested, the Third Party sends you the results.

Now, you can record the same results in SAP and print a Quality Certificate for the same.

So, it is NOT relevant whether you are using it in your organisation or not. It becomes a necessity because of your requirement. By using 89 inspection also, you can accomplish the same. However, drawing a physical sample and noting the details of it (who, when, where etc) can only be mapped in Physical sample drawing.

Hope it helps you. Regards, KrishnaM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a situation where the customer is following Source Inspection!!

Pl. see: if you can use Physical Sample concept here.

Create a Physical Sample (QPR1), Let the sample carry all details of the batch/lot, material and the order number (if possible)

Sample will be drawn and taken by the third party for testing. Create an Inspn lot for the same physical sample. This inspn lot can be processed further for RR-->UD.

Regards, KrishnaM

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

If external exteranal testing is approved then why cant you use the 04 type for recording the external testing results. or if u want both the the results recorded try with 08 inspection type and make a movemnt to external inspection batch which will create one inspection lot with 08 origin.

Thanks & Regards

Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your reply.

we are not posting the stock during external inspection.Already stock is inspected by our internal QC and moved for dispatch. Before the dispatch the external vendor inspects and gives his testing results ( certificate).

Another question. Can we make the dispatch of goods only after completion of external inspection.

Thank you.

Naveen.