Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHYSICAL SAMPLE

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

my raw material was activated with two inspection type 01 and 15

quality plan was created for 15 with task list usage as 9 and sample drawing procedure and sample procedure is also assigned

quality plan was created for 01with task list usage as 5 and a sample procedure was assigned

But if i want to make an inspection on physical sample i am not able to assign

in QA02 SAMPLE tab sample button is inactive

pls tell me that whether i need to change in quality plan

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

what is status of the inspection lot .Is it REL CALC then you need not to attach the task list as its already aattached,

Now if its CRTD then check the Task list usage in customization of inspection type 15 .You should enter same in task list header.

Also make sure that you have sampling procedure in place which supports "sample mgt" .

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

the status of the inspection lot is REL CALC SPRQ

For the 01 inspection type's task list sampling procedure whether we need to select sampling management?

or only for 15 inspection type's task list sampling procedure only need to select sampling management?

my present problem is if i make any GR normal inspection

and i create a physical sample and i want to make inspection for this physical sample and i need to move this material to stock

in my material master i activated 01 and 15 inspection types

Expecting a answer

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal

Practically & in sap process should be

First create Inspection lot of 01 ( after GR) do result recording & take UD -->stock posting.Here your usage 5 task list will come into picture.

Now go to manual physical sampe creation & use the task list of usage 9 as you said.Here you need not to have sample drawing procedure as you are creating manual physical sample & not automatic.

Also note that inspection type 15 is not stock relevant.

So when you say "i create a physical sample and i want to make inspection for this physical sample and i need to move this material to stock"

then its impossible when you have two task lists with different usage that too you are creating physical sample manually.

I hope this will help you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first question is do you really need to use physical management? If you do, you use physical samples in the header of the plan you use for your 01 inspection lot. In the sample drawing procedure you define the number of samples required to perform the 01 and the number of reserve samples you want placed in storage.

You then perform the 01 inspection, record the results, post your stock to inventory. Now you are done.

You would only use the physical sample inspection IF you had a specific reason such as a customer compliant. Typically, you should rarely have inspecttion type 15 inspection lots in your system if you have halfway decent quality.

If your business doesn't need to track stored samples in SAP and/or doesn't have a regulatory requirement around samples, than just use your 01 inspection lots.

FF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't use sample drawing procedured for an inspection type 15 because inspection type 15 is only for inspecting samples that have ALREADY been drawn. 15 is used for inspection physical samples after the fact. They are rarely used as a standard part of day to day business. They are usually used to inspect a stored sample when a question arises about the original quality of some portion of material.

Usuallly, you create inspection types 15 manually from within QPR2 or with QPR5. There is no need to for a sample drawing procedure at this point.

FF

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thought of clarifying the questions you raised. Hence I am making another reply too soon!

my raw material was activated with two inspection type 01 and 15: OK

quality plan was created for 15 with task list usage as 9 and sample drawing procedure and sample procedure is also assigned: Task list usage OK. But, preferably use 3

quality plan was created for 01with task list usage as 5 and a sample procedure was assigned: Usage: OK

But if i want to make an inspection on physical sample i am not able to assign: as advised, pl. go to QPR5 or QPR2 and create Inspn lot.

in QA02 SAMPLE tab sample button is inactive: Since you have already created sample, this button is inactive.

pls tell me that whether i need to change in quality plan: No

Regards, KrishnaM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have already created a Physical Sample: Go to QPR5 and create Inspn lot.

If you have enabled inspn type 15 for the material, in QM view of Maerial Master, the system will create Inspn lot.

You can process the inspection lot. Regards, KrishnaM