cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-Based Genealogy & Slot Configuration: Slot Qty check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as stated in various threads the activity SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT does not check whether a slot contains enough items for the SFC. If it does not, the activity just sets the slot quantity to zero.

As far as I see the only way to check the slot quantity is to write your own activity (e.g. SLOT_QTY_CHECK) which throws an exception when there are not enough items for the SFC. I would hook the SLOT_QTY_CHECK before SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT to ensure that SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT will only be executed when there are enough items.

Is this really the only way or is there a hidden option somewhere in ME ?

Best regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You can configure messages in Message Type Maintenance for such cases.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

I aggree: it seems to me that the SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT activity hook really should have functionality that checks the current qty loaded for the slot. If this qty equals 0, than production should be stopped.

Also, I'm currently testing with the time based component types 'splice' and 'continuous'. When multiple inventory id's are loaded onto a slot in SAP ME, in my as-built report, I see all inventory id's back in my SFC that were loaded onto the slot. While the slot decrement functionality only decrements qty's as specified in the BOM, for the inventory id's conform real inventory counts.

Can anyboy please give some inside information?

Regards,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manfred,

there are two aspects. The first is traceability. Therefore you have all the inventory ids in the as-built configuration. If you select the time base component type "Splice" and a very low consumption tolerance, there are only the inventory ids in as-built configuration which are assembled. If you select "Continuous" all inventory ids will be added to the as-built configuration. This might be your best choice for components that mix easily like liquids.

The second aspect is inventory management. With activity "Load and Replenish" you move the components from inventory to the slots. And with SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT you "move" the components from slots to the new product.

Regards,

Martin