cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read the pdf file from the Third party server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

we got the requirement that we have to display the salary statement and form16 in the portal.

we are not using the sap for the pay roll.

pay roll will run by the third party....they will keep all salary slips in the one folder under the server.

so from the third party server we have to get the salary statement in to our application......third party will storing the file with salcode.pdf.

can you help me to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

swapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then as per ur requirement, I think this would be the best way.

1. Create a KM repository.

2. Write a unix shell script or dos script or perl script any other back ground joj which does the ftp to and moves the file from 3rd party system to ur KM repository location.

3. Once file comes to KM repository, they u can read the file (or reference to the file) and display it in portal.

-Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

You can directly provide the link pointing to the 3rd party system's PDF and do the sign sign on with the 3rd party system.

You can do the FTP of the files into ur network by doping the files on any app or web server and then refer the pdf using a href tag.

The way depends on what/how you want to achieve this. Also as it is pay slips so i belive u would need the SSO too.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yugedhar,

thank you for the reply.

the pdf files will be available in one common folder , with in the server only.

so i have to implement the code to download the file from the one particular location based on the name of the file

(means if file name =Login id that has to open)

so can you help me implement this logic .

Thank you

swapna