cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM_MESSAGES_DELETE not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CRM_MESSAGES_DELETE not deleting the messages immediately. However it is deleting messages after triggering another event or action. What could be the reason, Anybody please help me?

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhanshu

it is difficult to delete the message in solman

for header part you can use below report

CRM_ORDER_DELETE

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this to delete message or document itself? I m currently away from system and could not been able to check it.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

and what do u mean by Header part? could you please explain.

Rgds

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The earlier report i gave you is used for deleting message but that will delete only the header part of the message.

Complete process is like this

To delete message in Solman

1. In Solution Manager

Deletion of the message in Solution Manager involves two parts:

a) Call transaction DNOTIFWL and set the deletion flag for the Service Desk message. The deletion flag corresponds to the system status I1076 (deletion flag).

b) Execute the report Z_DELETE_BASIC_NOTIFICATIONS.

If you execute the report in production mode, all messages with the status I0076 are deleted from the database. You can also execute the report in test mode. In this case, the system displays a list of messages that can be deleted.

2. In CRM

You cannot delete a service process in CRM. The service process must be archived.

Call transaction SARA and select the archiving object CRM_SERORD. Archiving involves three steps:

a) Initial run Report CRM_ARC_SERORD_CHECK

b) Write run Report CRM_ARC_SERORD_SAVE

c) Delete run Report CRM_ARC_SERORD_DELETE

When the delete run has completed, the service process has been deleted from the database and is in an archive file. You can access archived documents using transaction SARE.

check note Note 1329247 - Archiving Solution Manager Service Desk messages

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed response. I m in Solman so will this Z report be available in my system or is there any standard process available equivalent to this?

Rgds

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the sap note it is the extract from the same based upon you solman version

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jun 28, 2011 3:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Report CRM_ORDER_DELETE is asking GUID nos. as input and have log handle number as changing parameter. Does it mean that it will delete that particular message only? I'm still away from system and just want to confirm, Please advise.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

My another question is how would it delete only specific message as it is taking only log handle as input and not specific message id or message number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give more details, that how yuu calling te report, by actions?

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If long text field is blank (TEXT ID: cd01) i'm raising an error message by using CRM_MESSAGE_COLLECT FM. If user reopen the change document and provide some text that error message should be deleted. To delete message im using CRM_MESSAGES_DELETE FM. It is deleting the message but not immediately.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could say CRM_MESSAGES_DELETE is delete only inconsistent or obsolete error messages, not te valid error message,

chk this [Note 985079 - CRM_MESSAGES_DELETE only processes docs with error status|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=985079]

Put this thread in CRM forum .

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If so, then how it is deleting the same message if i'm taking some other action. Actually my message being deleted but not immedieatly.