cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - Matching Stratergy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement of developing a workflow which incorporates the validation, assignment and Matching Strategy

Depending upon the scores of the matching strategy, the job should be splitted in to 2 ,one for less score(No Duplicate) which should proceed to next step and other with high score should be moved to previous step

I am aware of splitting the jobs in case of validation fails , but can it be possible for Matching strategy also

Please advice

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think Match step helps to split the job based on score.

But I think work around can be possible in this.

After a match step , you can have process step in which user can decide based on match sore and update a field say Status to Duplicate or None .Then you can branch a validation on this field based on your requirement.

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Jun 28, 2011 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Thanks for the reply.. Once the user populates the status field automatically, is there any way to download the records with the matching scores so that it can be investigated

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I dont think you can download the Match scores using Workflows,I guess you can do so using APIs,methods like getTotalScore() can be of help.

I would rather suggest you to have Match class Lookup Flat field in your repository having value like High,Medium,low etc.

Which can be updated as disscussed in the previous post.

Your WF can be split based on this field value.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony

We can't split the workflow records based on matching scores in standard way

We can't export the matching scores from Data manager in standard way.

Good news is there are possible workarounds which can meet both the requirements with manual interventions. In workflow define a Process step in which user can populate the Matching score in a defined field.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/408b8031-6fc4-2b10-c18b-a77abefb7...

Exporting the records with matching score can be best done using APIs. We need to develop a separate JAVA project for this which can be used as an utility.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. I have understood the explanation.

Following are the questions still i have

1. Is the com.sap.mdm.matching part of the standard Java API which is part of the standard Installables of MDM

2. If we install that API, can i get those functions (getTotalScore,getMatchingClass() ) in the expression editor so that i can make use in the workflow by writing assignments

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

1. Is the com.sap.mdm.matching part of the standard Java API which is part of the standard Installables of MDM

2. If we install that API, can i get those functions (getTotalScore,getMatchingClass() ) in the expression editor so that i can make use in the workflow by writing assignments

1.Yes com.sap.mdm.matching package is a part of SAP MDM installables,you can find further details here

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM71/

You can have a webdynpro functionality calling the resultset and scores after your match step is done,the java api can run the strategy deifned in data manager, on press of a button like "Check for duplicates".

The values can be populated in some fields for that record.

If you can tell me the details of your workflow and portal you are using it will give us better idea.

2.I do not think you will get those functions in expression editor.

The ways you can use APIs is given in this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/61/a65ad5dfe74524984c8f46f733efeb/content.htm

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

We are implementing Material and Vendor for the client.

For Material uses Portal which is of Web Dynpro ABAP. Can Java API be used in the WDA application to get this standard functionality?

If no, is there any ABAP API were the similar functionality is provided?

For Vendor, since Portal is not available , is there any work around?

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing Material and Vendor for the client.

For Material uses Portal which is of Web Dynpro ABAP. Can Java API be used in the WDA application to get this standard functionality?

If no, is there any ABAP API were the similar functionality is provided?

For Vendor, since Portal is not available , is there any work around?

HI Antony,

I guess we have this functionality in ABAP APIs too,pls check these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/49/92a654aa0f43e59d72ff9782ba49d7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/f723d5df3e34dee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

In case of Vendor Master,Duplicate check will be able to give the scores.

Bending the requirement,as i already suggested a creating a lookup Table with entries like

High => >75%

Med => 45-75%

Low=> < 45%

The more the entries in lookup,the more accurate you are.

The con is,its a manual intervention.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes - create a matching strategy specifying the rules to be included.

This strategy shall be invoked in the u201Cmatchu201D step of workflow.

thanks

-Adrivit