cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO IMPORT TRANSPORT INTO QA system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to load Transport Request (Customizing) from DEV to QAS.

The Request has been released in DEV system using SE10, But the released request is not showing up in QAS queue.

I have performed all 3 test (TP, Transport Directory etc) , and it does not show any error (All Success).

Central Transport Directory is accessible from both System.

When both DEV , QAS are part of same Transport Route, its not allowing me to import, its not even showing up in the import queue of QAS and even If I try to add the request manually to QAS queue then still it's empty.

Then I went into Transport Route on Domain controller and make it as Single Standard System and then went to QAS import queue and added that request and it shows up then.

How can I correct this issue, what part am I missing.

I already searched the forum, but did not find a solution to this. Need to resolve this soon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there anything in tp system log and TMS alert viewer ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see any errors in tp log and TMS Alert.

Thanks.

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been able to solve the problem.

Solution: By some how my QAS was not part of Transport Group, I have added QAS to the same Transport group and now its fine.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Thanks.

Syed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

Are you able to see the data and cofile in the corresponding directories at OS level? Hope the request was not created as Local by mistake.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can see Data file and Cofile in the respective folders.

Thanks.

Syed

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When both DEV , QAS are part of same Transport Route, its not allowing me to import, its not even showing up in the import queue of QAS and even If I try to add the request manually to QAS queue then still it's empty.

It's depend on the way you configure your transport management system. If you define a consolidation route between DEV-QA, it will come on the QA queue when you release any request from DEV. While generating any request in Dev system what you found as target system SID ? You have to check these things.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I first release the request in DEV, it showed me QAS as the consolidation system.

after releasing the request when I went to STMS and then OVERVIEW->IMPORT

and now I can see one request in QAS queue(The released request).

Now when I click Import Queue-->display, it says "Import Queue is empty"

When I click back button, i can see in the request column as "0", before it was "1". Not sure where it's gone.

Do I need to enable enhance CTS?