SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB - Multiple transfer lines return budget exceeded error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus, Help!!

We have just converted from Former Budgeting to BCS and are now receiving the following issue:

In former budgeting with the FR58 transfer transaction we could enter the following transfer without AVC issues.

Send/Rec FC CI Amount

Sender G1 502 50.00

Recvr G2 502 50.00

Sender G2 502 50.00

Recvr G2 503 50.00

Now in BCS, we receive a budget exceeded error and are required to post the 1st half of the above entry in one document and the 2nd half in another document. Our end users want to be able to continue to post as they did in Former Budgeting. Is there any AVC setting that I can change to accomodate this entry?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Karen Jobe on Jun 27, 2011 5:22 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karen

Usually, Transfer documents in FMBB do not issue any AVC error unless you are using budget consistency checks. See note [983853|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/983853]

are you using them? If yes, please check the conditions, they probably explain why are you getting AVC errors in FMBB

Cheers

Mar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karen

Usually, Transfer documents in FMBB do not issue any AVC error unless you are using budget consistency checks. See note [983853|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/983853]

are you using them? If yes, please check the conditions, they probably explain why are you getting AVC errors in FMBB

Cheers

Mar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is due to sa-called 'principle of prudence'. That's the system design and you cannot change it without modification (see note 883122 for further info). Otherwise, users will have to split this document into two: first 'give' the money and then 'take' it.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mar/Eli:

Thanks for the input. I was able to create a new layout for the FMBB that included Fund in the line item. I am now able to transfer between the objects in my example.

Karen