cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Tax Code on A/P Invoice have EXEMPT code for Foreign BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum

The Vendor BP is from China or India shipping to say USA or Canada.

When any purchase document (PO, GRPO, A/P Invoice etc) is produced for above vendor the tax code should automatically be EXEMPT or ZERO.

What is the best way to achieve this please?

The company locale is US / Canada.

Thank you.

Edited by: Syed Aleem on Jun 27, 2011 6:15 PM

If vendor is from home Country say Canada, then taxes should apply, business as usual.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syed Aleem,

The best way to achieve this

Administration>Setup>Finincails>Tax>Tax Code Detemination(TCD)

Select Key Field 1 as Business Partner ,after that select the row and select key field value in this window we can select Business Partner and select velid from button which will help you default tax code for selected Business Partner at the time of when user will make Purchase document.

Because when we make BP Master then we set country in master on the basis SAP filter record for TCD.

May it will help you..

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

>>> Administration>Setup>Finincails>Tax>Tax Code Detemination(TCD)

Your suggested way seems very nice, however in US locale I do not see TCD option; none in form settings either.

What level of SAP B1 do you have?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed.......

A simple work around for such requirement is create an UDF for Tax Code at Business Partner level and with the help of FMS just fectch this Tax Code in Transaction at Tax Code Row Level.

But I guess the option like Tax Code deteremination should be there even if any localisation.

Please check such option in BP Master's Addess Tab.

I guess it should be there.......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, I did think about UDF but wanted to use the built is Tax Determination Features; I wonder if you mean Sales Tax Codes, Sales Tax Jurisdictions and Sales Tax Jurisdiction Types. I tried to create country code but yet the tax gets picked from ship to address on that Vendor. Obviously we need shipto address eventhough the vendor is in India or China.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya it is really strange to not having such functionality.

Then I think it will be helpful to go for UDF at Address Level and pick the value from here into the transaction......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, your suggested approach to have UDF for TAXCODE at BP(Vendor) level say as EXEMPT/ZERO/NOTAX for all foreign Vendors and then pull that Taxcode into marketing documents seems good.

Thank for your help.

Answers (0)