Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ADS on other server

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed the Developer Workplace on my local machine (Java server + NWDS). In our landscape on 1 of the servers the ADS in installed. When i now deploy (on my local machine) a WebDynpro with an IF of course an error occured.

Is it possible to make use of the already installed ADS on the server in the landscape? If so, hope somebody can tell me how.

Thx in advance.

Kind regards, Maarten.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Need to configure central ADS, what all I need to install for this?

Regards,

Manish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marteen,

did you configure your local J2EE to use the central ADS? In this case, you have to maintain the user/pw combination for the central ADS on your local J2EE.

Or are you running an ADS as well on your local system?

Not sure where to do it, it's been some time since I configrued the ADS myself, but there is definitely someplace in the J2EE where you tell the J2EE which ADS to use.

Kind regards,

Carl

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

I did configure my local J2EE to use the central ADS. I changed the "default" url to a "Custom" url. I also entered the user/pw of the central ADS.

I am not running a ADS on my local machine.

I have the idea that the my local J2EE engine can find the central ADS and the autorization of the enter user/pw combination is correctly. But what the render problem is i really don't know.

I would like to thank you for all answers.

If you got any idea, pls let me know.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found out what the problem was. The server where the ADS is running didn't know the host name of my pc. When i fill in the IP address of my pc it worked.

So problem solved.

Everybody thx for the help.

Regards Maarten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marteen,

the "Error during render operation" error normally refers to either a problem in the user / authorization settings or in the adobe credential not being correctly registered.

Kind regards,

Carl

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Carl,

Thx for the reply, really appriciate it. The problem is still not solved. If i deploy my WD with IF on the same server where the ADS is installed everything works wel. But when i deploy on my local J2EE than the render problem is beeing shown.

As far as i know i did everything what is written in the Guides about ADS to get this working. I hope you or somebody else have some ideas.

Thx in advance.

Regards Maarten.

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I did found the way to make use of the ADS on another server, but there is still a problem. When i deploy my WD with IF a get the error message below:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Error during call to AdobeDocumentServer: Processing exception during a "Render" operation. Request start time: Fri Aug 18 10:56:02 CEST 2006 com.adobe.ProcessingError: File not found error writing stream: <Render><Template><Name> "http://dpc0464446:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/belastingdienst.nl/poczelfbedwebdynreq/LeaveRequest/wd_key-MmRZBay_WB5RsI1KrbY-A==/sapwebdynpro.xft;jsessionid=(J2EE1705500)ID1041666350DB00524056215805908797End;saplb_*=(J2EE1705500)1705550?sap.session.download=4&sap-wd-cltwndid=966b85d12e9711db9153003005ad0b85&sap-wd-appwndid=Id966b85d12e9711db9153003005ad0b854&sap-wd-norefresh=true : java.io.FileNotFoundException: IO error detected while opening HTTP/HTTPS connection:......

This is not the complete message, i hope it is enough.

I hope somebody knows the solution.

Thx in advance

Regards Maarten