Deleting messages in Messages/Alert Window
Hi to all of you,
I have a customer for whom some users have loads of messages, and they would like to clean up things. For example, the manager has over 35,000 messages, mainly in the Sent Messages tab. The thing is, deleting messages is quite a lengthily chore. Deleting only 10 messages took over 20 minutes ! I tried this on one of our server, with an identical setup, to delete 10 messages took somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes. How come can this be so LOOOOOONG ?
This customer is running B1 2007 SP00 PL41. And to add to this, users having a lot of messages are experiencing long login time also. I remember having through this before, so I looked into SAP Notes but did not find anything.
So my questions are:
- why in the world is this so long to delete messages ?
- is there some other way to mass delete these messages ?
- is there a configuration parameter that could speed up the things ?
- is 8.8 or 8.81 as slow deleting messages ?
- can you point me to a SAP Note, if one exists ?
Thanks a lot