cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing an order by generating proforma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to close an order by generation of proforma invoice? (for cases in which order is opened only in order to generate a proforma invoice for customs purposes only)

if so how - with what type of order, etc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont think this will work out, for such orders once the Proforma is created its better to have the sales order lines rejected with a reason for rejection so that the sales orders goes for a completion status.

regards

ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot close an order after generating a proforma invoice.

A proforma invoice is raised mostly in exports to inform the customer of the quantity of goods being deliverd and their cost so that the customer makes the required financial arrangements,i.e. LC etc.Later the rest of the Sales process like delivery, PGI and invoice are completed.

Kindly clarify your business scenario so that we can suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PJ - the scenario is that I export to a customer and need to show the customs an invoice with the value of goods, but I do not bill the customer for it (it's a free of charge delivery, of non-inventory items)

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

cases in which order is opened only in order to generate a proforma invoice for customs purposes only)

--> go to VOV8, select the order type you with to use, then go to Billing Tab and put F5 ( Pro ZForma customer ) in Order-rel.bill.type. And remove all others under billing tab.

You can use quotation for this. Order Type - QT. if you are going to use QT then the settings are already there.

Let us know.

Regards,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make sure I understood correctly, do I need to open an order first in VA01 and then go to VOV8?

BTW I believe the output of the quotation process does not look like a regular invoice, which is what customs demand.

Thanks

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

hey VOV8 is config settings.

If you want to use quotation, then just go to VA21 and create quotation and then invoice it. When you invocie it it will be a proforma invoice.

Regards,

SB