cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM XML Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

How can I get the XML schemas for things like BOMMAT01, Purchase Order Schema, etc. the IFR does not have BOM schema! or message type.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clausc
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as you might have seen, the IFR is no longer updated. So it could be, that the latest message types are not available.

However, BOMMAT etc. can be found on:

http://ifr.sap.com/catalog/query.asp -> SAP LO Release 500 -> change to the "list" tab -> BOMMAT.

Regards, Christoph Claus, SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Thank you for the direct pointer to the BOM in the IFR!

Hi Roddy,

Some clarification ...

I am not certain how much SAP knowledge you may have and I will not make any assumptions. I would just like to point out that once you go to the IFR site, what you are looking at is how SAP defines the table structure of the BOM. It is in SAP's proprietary format called an IDoc (Intermediate Document).

Use the Interface Repository (IFR) as a guideline to what each field in the BOM structure means. That way, you will know what to map to for your own XML structure. This is where the fun really begins and where the majority of your time will be consumed - mapping! I suggest having someone with the SAP application knowledge of the minimum and maximum fields which are required (for a valid IDoc) will save you a lot of time during testing. Certain SAP interfaces (in the application) will complain if certain required fields are not mapped.

Was this helpful?

Regards,

John Ta

Message was edited by: John Ta