Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User need to see only some sections in form,based on radio button choose

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

My requirements is that, i should have a initial screen in my web dyn pro application with multiple radio buttons, as shown below

Radio_Button_Section_1

Radio_Button_Section_2

Radio_Button_Section_3 

I need to develop a Adobe Interactive From, as shown below

Section_1
Some input fields under this Section_1

Section_2
Some input fields under this Section_2

Section_3
Some input fields under this Section_3

So, when user selects the first Radio_Button_Section_1 in the intila screen, then, user need to get the Adobe Interactive Form with ONLY section_1 input fields (the other sections(2 & 3) input fields should be hidden or greyed out)

In the same manner when user selects the Third Radio_Button_Section_3 in the intila screen, then, user need to get the Adobe Interactive Form with ONLY section_3 input fields (the other sections(1 & 2) input fields should be hidden or greyed out)

Pls. note the aignment/ lay out display should not be disturbed

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just put three subforms, pass the selected option to the form and in the initialize event of the first subform enable/disable the desired section according to the parameter.

To hide the subform without affecting the layout use:

subform.presence = "invisible"

Best regards, Aldo.

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

You mean, i have to pass the Radio button value (which is selected by user in initial screen of web dyn pro) to the interactive form script? if so, its via CONTEXT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can pass one node with it's depending hierarchy to the interactive form via the dataSource property. Then you can access it in the form script.

So you will have to read the option selected and load it into a node below the root node you will use to pass parameters to the form. Then you go to the form design and drag the node into the form (set it as invisible). After this you will be able to use it in your scripting code.

Best Regards, Aldo.

Answers (0)