cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Jurisdiction Code Check as part of a Sales Order Partner Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where we modify partner information directly in the sales order. These partners are simple addresses and are not tax relevant. We have set them up as one-time customers. Every time when we modify the address information, Vertex kicks in and tries to match the address information (street, city and state) with a tax jurisdiction code. In our case the address information is high level (only city and state) which is not enough for Vertex. SAP issues then a blocking error message.

We try to find a way to ignore Vertex for these specific partners. In the documentation we have found a user exit, as well as a BADI, but our developpers were not able to make it work in the sales oder.

The user-exit is the following: EXIT_SAPLFYTX_USER_001

The BADI is the following: IF_EX_ADDRESS_SUBSCREEN

In EXIT_SAPLFYTX_USER_001, I've found a parameter (EXEMP_IND) which could enable to bypass the tax jurisdiction code check and the RFC call to Vertex.

In IF_EX_ADDRESS_SUBSCREEN, I've found a parameter (CHECK_ADDRESS) which could potentially bypass the check as well.

Did any of you already experience this scenario or would you have an idea about how I could make this work?

Thanks

Loic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Loic Dominik,

I am Facing the Same problem, Did you get the Solution for the same.
Please share with me.

Thanks & Regards,

Shweta

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loic,

I suggest you to put zip code when you are entering the address. Vertex picks up zip code/postal code data ..

This should help you as we also had some same issues ..

Let us know.

Regards,

SB

Edited by: Satish Bharambe on Jun 27, 2011 7:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the sales order is created through an interface (using iDOCs), and the external system feeding the iDOC for the sales order creation does not have any Zip Code information. Besides, even if the Zip Code is entered, it is still not enough for Vertex to choose automatically a Tax Jurisdiction Code, most of the times, it is also requiring a District, which again, will not be passed from the interface.

We went through this analysis already and we came to the conclusion that we need to bypass this check, as this partner function is not tax relevant.

Thanks,

Loic

Edited by: Loic Dominik on Jun 27, 2011 7:39 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as this partner function is not tax relevant.

Why don't you make use of user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK in program MV45AFZZ to put value 0 in the alternate tax classification field (VBAK-TAXK1) for these customer number? By this way, tax will be exempted.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

By doing what you're suggesting, I will make my all transaction tax exempted, which is not the requirement. As part of my partner functions, some of them need to be tax relevant, as the Ship-to party, in order to determine the corresponding tax jurisdiction code.

In my scenario, I want to bypass the tax jurisdiction code for a specific partner function (custom partner function), where I store the address of a consignee for a transportation move.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If in the customer master record you set the indicator as 'not liable for taxes', does Vertex check still kicks in?

Since it applies to the whole partner function, can it be excluded somehow in the Vertex configuration?

When you're saying that developers are unable to use BADI, what does this mean exactly? How did they try using it? (Perhaps they should post a question in ABAP forum?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domick,

if you still looking for solution, I think by changing the error message TAX_TXJCD 107 from Error to Warning, you can bypass the error.

For doing so,

Using T-Code SM30( Table Maintainance ) on table V_T100C, Chossing application area as TAX_TXJCD and add entry for message 107 and enter W on online and Batch, Standard.

For more details look SAP note : 650893.

Regards

Madhu