cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing Extraction for SPM

0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a requirement to obtain data from e-sourcing for use in SPM. What is the best practice for doing this or has anyone done this before that could provide more information? Did you use Flat-file or DB Connect?

Thanks,

Travis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishu_arora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

The standard SPM content is available for importing SAP Sourcing (ESO) project data. The data transfer is based on flat files.

1.     Setup in ESO:

Create a scheduled task for each of the following data extraction reports. It is recommend limiting these reports to 5000 rows. Copy and modify the report if additional data is required and/or to extract data in multiple runs by adding restrictions to query.

• FCI-SSA-ContractsExtract
  • FCI-SSA-AllProjectPrioritiesLocalized
  • FCI-SSA-AllStatusIndicatorsLocalized
  • FCI-SSA-AllProjectClassificationsLocalized
  • FCI-SSA-AllProjectStatusesLocalized
  • FCI-SSA-ProjectsExtract
  • FCI-SSA-ProjectContractExtract

2.     Transfer flat files generated in ESO to SPM import data directory

Setup for regular transfer of flat files to SPM import data directory

3.     Setup in SPM

a.     The data files will be available in SPM UI

b.    In SPM data management, create data mapping templates for SAP Sourcing master and transaction data of projects

c.     Goto SPM Data Management à Perform data upload, assign template, upload type etc to the ESO data files.

d.    Perform data loads and then schedule regular loads as required.

Hope this will help. Please revert for clarification.

Regards

Rishu

0 Kudos

Thanks Rishu!

Are there any standard / mandatory set of fields that should be present in the flat file for transferring files to Spend data directory? If yes, where can I find the same.

One more doubt that I have is, Is there a separate set of activities that I need to do in order to send  spend data into Esourcing. Because, I see an option under spend and compliance tab (ESO) for configuring and updating spend dimensions and synonym map sets.

The scenario that I am trying is to integrate SPM and ESO which will enable the following features:

-> When a sourcing opportunity is identified, the users should be able to create or update sourcing projects / documents from spend reports

-> View the details of the project displayed in SPM report

-> Open SPM report from ESO by configuring a link to the report in the user's workbench

Many Thanks

Partha

rishu_arora
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Partha

The stndard ESO queries take care of most of the standard fields and in normal ESO process these are mandatory as well . Mainly the mandatory fields in transaction data are like project name, project code, language & in master data are master data key (project status, project risk etc) & language key. There are six different objects and naming mandatory field for each would be too much of text for this space .

From functionality perspective reports are available by project status, classification, risk indicator and project priority; you may consider suggesting business make use of these. Apart from this planned spend, actual spend etc are other important fields. So if business using these fields, SPM reports will be helpful in analysis.

Regarding second part of your query - the installation guide of SPM contains the steps in detail for settting up these functionalities. Depending upon verison of SPM, you may want to have a look at installation guides for these steps. Apart from SSO setup in portal and ESO, there are couple of more settings detailed there. Hope you've already seen application help on this availablein below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_spm21/helpdata/en/2C/6DD68A591A4F1ABA2129B8013632D8/frameset.htm

I'm sorry for both of your queries I cannot provide exact techical steps/details, but rest assured there is standard documentation available in service marketplace answering these as mentioned above.

With Regards

Rishu

0 Kudos

Rishu! Thanks a lot for answering my queries. I will look into the documentation available in the service market place. I will get back to you, if I have any further queries.

Best Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a single sign on between ESO and SPM. As per the standard documentation, I have exported the SSO certificate from SPM and dowloaded the key. Where should I import this in the Esourcing system? Any kind of help will be much appreciated!

Best Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

While Integrating ESO and SPM, is there any scheduled task for extracting reports related to RFX and contracts?

Also, what information gets passed through between ESO and SPM in the below mentioned case:

Let's say:

1. I run spend by category report in SPM

2. I click the category column (let's just say at level 1 of 3) and choose Create RFx.

3. What information will step 2 pass from SPM to ESO system?

4. Is it possible to send vendors associated with the category in SPM to ESO system?

5.Will step 3 result in sending all levels of category to ESO or will it send category at the selected level to ESO?

Thank you all in anticipation!

--

Partha

0 Kudos

I have started a  new thread for addressing this question.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3230161

Many Thanks

Partha

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate if anyone can throw some light on the extraction of e-sourcing data to SAP BI/BW. We need some task level data in the BW reports and are unable to find how to extract the task level data to SAP BW.

Please let me know the possible options like enhancing the standard java/sql based extractors for the requirement or extracting it through flat file. If flat files is the only option, pls update how to get the required data through flat files to BI. Is there any program/badi to modify or any other suggestions or links are appreciated. I am unable to find any information to extract sourcing data to SAP BW.

Any extractor names are appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What kind of data are you trying to extract? Also , what versions of the applications are you using ?

E-sourcing provides extractors for extracting project and contract related data for integration between SPM and e-sourcing. You may want to refer to the E-sourcing User Guide for more information on these extractors.

Thanks

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same (?) requirement now: extract event data (projects, RFx data, auction data offers, contracts) from SAP Sourcing 7 and load them into SPM 3.0 for reporting and analysis.

Is there any documentation on this?

I found information on how to integrate Sourcing with SAP ECC, and how to link SPM and Sourcing on a trancsctional level, but no information on how to transfer data from Sourcing to SPM - which seems to be necessary to link both applications on transactional level.

Could anybody help, please?

Thanks,

Karsten

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any update on this question?

Thanks,

Partha