cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install Netweaver demo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In step 2, when doing "Define Parameters" I am stuck at the point where it is asking "Software Package Request" and it wants the package location. When I enter the location of the LABELIDX.ASC file, it gives me a popup window with:

"You entered:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\NWABAPTRIAL70206_64

For copying a package you have to specify the source location for the

requested package SAP:NETWEAVER:702:EXPORT(1/3):.

Specify the location which contains the right LABEL.ASC, or empty the

copy input field !!"

There are at least 10 label.asc and labelidx.asv files in the directories that uncompressed from the rar. There was nothing wrong with the RAR extraction (I noticed another thread about that) and no files appear obviously missing. As noted, there are probably a dozen of these LABEL.ASC/LABELIDX.ASC files, and I have tried nearly all of them.

What's wrong?

This is on Windows Server 2008, 64-bit, with the 64-bit Netweaver eval.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

bad download or bad uncompress of RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that fixed it. It looks like it was a corrupt uncompress of the RAR.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting...I downloaded it again and UNRAR'd it on the box (last time I used 7-Zip) and that directory is there now. So either my download was corrupted or 7-Zip didn't unpack it correctly.

I'm trying the install again now to see what happens...

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think redowload will solve your issue.

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just unpacked the RAR file right on the server. This server doesn't have a DVD drive on it (CD only), and I can't see why it would make a difference being on a physical media as opposed to the unpacked RAR...the files are all the same and in the same location.

Should this directory exist somewhere in the directory structure?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The rar file should be more then 3GB and it should contain all directory after extracting. it seems that some part of files are missing so you are not able to get those directory. If you are not able to find it then may be you have to download it from the download section of SDN.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That directory doesn't exist. Should it be in the root directory of the DVD?

The only directory named anything close to that is: SAP_NetWeaver_702e_Installation_Master

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the size of DVD ? It depends how it is written on DVD. are you able to locate this directory anywhere on DVD ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the root directory of the DVD, the "LABELIDX.ASC" contains the following lines:

SAP_Netweaver_702e_Installation_Master

SAP_Kernel_720_for_X86_64

SAP_MaxDB_78_SP1_14_RDBMS

SAP_NetWeaver_702e_Export

GUI

That is all that is in that file. Nothing with the : line in it. There are LABEL.ASC files in each of the above directories. None of which match the exact text of what is being output.

I checked the RAR file again, and there is no LABEL.ASC in the root directory of the DVD (this is before burning it). Is the archive supposed to include this file in the rootdir of the DVD?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to directory SAP_NetWeaver_702e_Export and provide the LABEL.ASC and let us know what message you are getting becuase this is the export directory and should contains information about export. You will find there three folder for export.

Regards,

Subhash

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please extract all zip and rar files and try again. Looks like installer can not find specified file in source. That true that you will have lots of label files.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this step, you need to provide the path to the directory containing Netweaver Export DVD material. Are you sure you are giving the path to the correct directory here? Maybe you are pointing it to the wrong directory because every dorectory contains a LABEL file. The key is knowing which is the right directory in this case.

If you don't know which is the export directory, then you can open LABEL.ASC file in notepad and see what text it shows you. If it shows EXPORT in the text in LABEL.ASC, then that is the right directory.

Regards,

Shitij