cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target stocklevel values for reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to SNP. I have a requirement for having the values of "target stock level" calculated by the standard 'safety stock/target day's/reorderpoint/target stock level' macro to be captured in the SNP reports.To make this happen, I created a timeseries keyfigure and used the keyfigure in the macro to get it saved in the pa.Now the problem is when i run this macro in the background no values are getting saved in this timeseries keyfigure.

I would like to know whether we can run this macro in the background and save the values in the timeseries keyfigue for the purpose of reporting?

If this is not possible, what are my options?

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Regards,

Sam

I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam

Your approach is right. Since target stock level is an auxiliary key figure , the values will not get saved to live cache. So creating a time series key figure and copying values from the auxiliary key figure to time series key figure is the best way to approach the issue.

But please clarify something. You are calculating the value of target stock level using s.s / reorder point macro and the macro saves the result to the target stock auxiliary k.f . Where do you have the copy step (copying values from auxiliary to time series key figure) - is it in a separate macro ? If that is the case then in your backgroud job u have to run the s.s / reorder point macro first and then teh copy macro. Only then the values will be saved to t.s key figure

thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for your reply. I have copied the s.s / reorder point macro and hereI have used the timeseries keyfigure instead of the auxiliary kf. Now when i run this macro in the background the reults are not getting saved. The same macro when i run in the foreground caluculates the value. I am now confused with this strange behaviour.

Do you know how this Target_Calc function within this macro works?

Your inputs will help shed more light on this.

Regards

Sam

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam

Obviously you are not going to see any values in time series key figure when you run it in the background. The target_calc function uses total demand auxillary key figure and when you run the program in bacground , the total demand key figure will have value 0. So what you have to do is run the following macros in sequence in the background job

stock balance macro (this calculates total demand , total receipts etc) and then

safety stock / reord point macro.

This will solve your problem. The reason you didnt face issues in the foreground is because , the above macros must have been included as default macros

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for your help on this. It helped.Sorry for the long delay,was on a long leave.

Kind Regards,

Sam

Answers (0)