Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life cycle planning

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to set life cycle planning for new products. Can I create Like/phase in/out profiles and use the same master profile for the life cycle planning by checking the indicator? meaning do I need to create a new master profile for life cycle planning or I can use the master profile which has been used for the regular statistical forecasting?

I appreciate the help.

-Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

Yes, you can use the same Forecast profile for Lifecycle Planning which you use for Statistical Forecasting.

In the Master Forecast Profile, Make sure you Activate the " Lifecycle Planning Active" indicator.

Other required procedures being:

Creating Like Profile

Assigning the Like profile to Products/Characteristics in the Assignments section/table.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Hari Vomkarey

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari for a quick reply,

When we use life cycle planning there are some restrictions like Outlier control may not be used in the forecast. The use of workday corrections is not possible. My concern is if I use the same master profile then these restrictions would affect only the products defined in like modeling or all the products in stat forecasting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

I recommened you to create a seperate Master forecast profile for Life Cycle planning. This will help you to avoid manual errors in long term. Secondly, to answer your question when you have sepearte Master forecast profile ,it will be restricted to affect only the products defined in like modeling....

Regards

Rahul Chitte

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul.

Answers (0)