cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between WebDynpro and a BSP-Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Webdynpro-Application that uses a IFRAME for showing a HTML-page. The IFRAME calls a BSP-Application via a HTML-Parameter (for test purposes), the bsp generates the html and the result is visible in the IFRAME. Thats ok so far, but what I really need is to pass more complex data to the BSP-Application, like ABAP-Tables. The only way that comes to my mind ist to pass that data via HTML-Parameter, but the amount of data may exceed the HTML-Limit and I have to convert the ABAP-Data to String.

Is there any way to communicate (maybe via RFC) with the BSP-Application and pass the data with ABAP-Technology????

Greetings

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the EXPORT TO DATABASE and it worked well.

Thank you very much!

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use the EXPORT ... TO DATABASE command in the WebDynpro and reimport everything into the BSP via IMPORT .. FROM DATABASE. This should also work for complex datastructures.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are the BSP and the Web Dynpro ABAP both running from the same backend ABAP system? If so, then why not write the data into a server cookie (basically a temporary database table entry) and send only the key to the data as a URL parameter.