cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chainese From Prints # .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have done some modifications ( increased the font size of character and added some text in the terms and conditions Page ) in the PO script for Chaina (ZH) .

When we see the print priview every thing is fine . But , we print the PO , PO is getting printed with '#'.

I have checked the printer options in SPAD .Every thing is fine. Could you please suggest something to get PO printed in chainese script ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Prithvi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked all the points . Every thing is OK. User now conformed that it is getting printed.May be the problem with the printer.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only certain font szes are supported by device type CNHPLJ4. Only fonts sizes 6,8,10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 pt are supported. You can see this via transaction SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> CNHPLJ4. If you specify a font size of e.g. 15 pt, I believe a substitute font that supports this font size will be used.

To test this, try printing via device type CNSAPWIN. In CNSAPWIN, the font CNSONG is scalable so all font sizes are supported. With device type CNHPLJ4, try with one of the font sizes mentioned above that are supported by this device type in SE73.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your printer is a backend printer and I think you will print in a batch process during night run or so.

You have to know, that in backend no windows character are available.

So first of all, you need a sapscript form in language 'ZH' or so.

You can only use the fonts 'CNSONG' or one of the replacement fonts.

You have to use a printer, that has mapped the unicode part (like used your CNHP).

If you use e.g. English and Chinese in the form, you have to customize the Internationalization (I18N->Cascading fonts) to map the unicode areas for each font.

The printer spools the raw data, so the used characters must be installed in the printer device (resident font).

Please also note, that if you archive them via pdf, you may need to upload a truetype font to your SAP server.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

if you only changed the font size, than check, if the font is supported with your used technology.

Please note, the print preview is only a preview used with the windows front end technology.

If you print via backend print, you have to check the installed fonts in the printer, the mapping of the output device, the cascading fonts etc.

Tell something about you used things and maybe I can give you some more hints.

I have created such documents in chinese .

regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created a Char. Format C9 ,Courier 9 pt., Family CNSONG Size 9,0 pt .and used this character format in a standard text and called it through include .

Br.

Prithvi.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type do you use to create the spool and print? What is the result if you print via windows and devce type CNSAPWIN or device type SWINCF?

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is CNHPLJ4 HP LaserJet PCL-5 Simp.Chinese .

Br.

Prithvi.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you perhaps also change the font type? For Chinese characters, you must use a Chinese font like CNHEI or CNSONG in the form. The preview will look ok in a Unicode ssytem, but the printer will not switch to the Chinese character set.

So check that the font type is Chnese font like CNSONG or CNHEI.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the Font type CNSONG .

Br.

Prithvi.