Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issues SMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have Solution Manager7.0 EHP1.

I am trying to install SMD711 on this server.

The installation finished successfully but users SMD_RFC, SMD_ADMIN, JCO destinations in content administrator, WEBADMIN in Visual Admin -> JCO Provider and WEBADMIN TCP/IP connection in SM59..... NOne gets created..... I tried creating everything manually bue when I open the page http://host:50000/smd/admin it gives me a blank page with following message.rfc_exec_error and message.guid_text message.

I was getting the same message even when the smd was not installed.

I have following ques.

1. Is it the wrong package selection.

2. Can we have different versions of solman and SMD agent on the system.

3. How can I check if my smd is installed and its only the configuration that needs to be done to get this working.

All my activity till now is concentrated on Solution Manager.

I downloaded the SMD agent from

Support Packages and Patches - S" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1" Entry by Component" Agents for managed systems -> DIAGNOSTICSAGENT711_0-20005920.SAR

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

First of all I will suggest always go for the latest patch as SMD 7.20 i is avalable on market place go for it

second thing you have issues with smd_rfc user please chech this user should not lock in ABAp sysytem

maintain this user in jco rfc WEBADMIN check every thing is find rfc should run.

for further help mention your error. if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for promptness chetanya...

I would try installing the latest SMD, but I am getting little curious and somewhat desperate why the things aren't working for me when the installation is finished successfully.

Just as an info, SMD_RFC/SMD_ADMIN is not at all created in the system.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishal

did you follow the Tx - Solman_workcenter initial & Basic configuration please follow this

left the link on left pane " configuration Demo" for help & assistanse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chetanya,

The tcode solman_workcenter gives me a internet connection as "Page cannot be displayed"

I didnt run the tcode before.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained ICM host full name parameter?

Any proxy settings blocking you in IE?

Other way add your solman Ip details in \etc\hosts in desktop and check

Thanks,

Jansi

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

To troubleshoot the issues you are facing do the following:

Refer to note 1274287 in order to check if the Solman has the correct components levels.

Make sure that the all steps in initial and basic configuration at transaction SOLMAN_SETUP are performed and finished without issues. You have to perform the initial and basic configuration of the Solman system before any other configuration in the Solman system.

Regarding issue "message.rfc_exec_error and message.guid_text message":

Check if the user that was defined for the WEBADMIN JCO on the Java side is in validity-date in SU01.

Check if the user SOLMAN_ADMIN has all the required roles as described in the User Admin Guide. The document can be found at:

- http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

- Media Library

Refer to the [SMDAgent WIKI|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents#DiagnosticsAgents-Whichagentversionshouldbeused%3F] to check the SMDAgent version that you should install in your managed systems. The issues that you are facing has not to do with the SMDAgent version.

I am sure that if you follow these steps you will solve your issues.

Regards,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishal,

just update if you still faeings the same issue