cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget with negative effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, would like to ask if possible to enter budget supplement with negative value? No budget has been set up for specific wbs but we have to decrease the overall budget equal to the amount which supposedly enter in this wbs as deduction. We also tried the budget return but this is not applicable because no original budget set up.

Please help to find ways how to address this. thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marnee,

You said that you need to decrease the overall budget but the WBS doesn't have original budget.

If I may ask, where did the budget of that particular WBS come from?

In a normal condition, it is possible to enter negative amount in budget supplement (which will reduce the budget value). If you activate the availability control, the system will allows negative values being entered as budget supplement as long as the condition of the availability control (including the tolerance) is met.

I hope it helps 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, how would I activate the budget availabilty control so that we can enter negative budget? as of today, we cannot enter negative value in supplement. Is there any way also to cancel the budget supplement? Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Budget Availability Control can be activated using transaction CJBV (background activation) however I am not sure if that has anything to do with allowing you to post negative budget. Can you write down the exact error that is reported when you try to post -ve supplement?

In order to cancel the supplementary budget you have to do the reverse of all the entries made to get the supplement in the first place (i.e. post positive supplement for the negative supplement posted earlier in the same transaction, this will make the entry zero).

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer