SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation / Check budget > 0 on period level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

my customer is requesting to check, whether the total budget is > 0 on period level.

That means, if there is a posting in FMBB or with BADI, the total budget for a combination of Funds Center, Commitment Item, Fund and Period is not allowed to go beyound 0, even if the budget on yearly base is positive (the AVC also works on a yearly base, but they need monthly data for reporting purpose)

I know, by consistency check it seems to be not possible, as the keyfigures cannot be restricted to aggregate on period level.

Do you know another solution with no or very low ABAP implementation effort?

Thank you very much for any hint, your great help is valueable to guide me through the fm maze

Regards,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I would say to use Budget Period and then your problems will be solved. You can also find a workaround with key figures, if you will use, say, different budget type for each period, but if you are in 6.04, it'd be better to use budget period object.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I would say to use Budget Period and then your problems will be solved. You can also find a workaround with key figures, if you will use, say, different budget type for each period, but if you are in 6.04, it'd be better to use budget period object.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

what do you mean by "to use budget period"?

Should we use the view "Activate Period Control in Budgeting" ?

Will this enhance the possibility of defining key figures for controlling the budgeting flow?

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

If you are on release 604 or higher, you can use the Budget Period as a new FM account assignment element, you can find the relevant documentation in these links to the online help:

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/06/7b5ef480aa4103a6a5f23dcc3badb8/content.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/53/eddbcd3f014dddbf0ad1377c192e9e/frameset.htm]

Once this element is enabled, you can use Availability control and consistency checks as in any other FM account assignment

If you are on a lower release, then there are other workarounds:

Use an specific AVC ledger per period (customer-defined ledger)

Or, use another element (like Fund for example) acting as the relevant budget period

But I think these options require higher customizing efforts...

I hope you will find this information useful

Kind regards

Mar