cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Out of 10 Normal Correctios(NC1,NC2....NC10) part of a project.If some transports has to be removed from a NC1at last minute(befor golive), how it can be pulled out and put though in a another NC in another project

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Practically these are called urg changes so in that case you create a UC then copy the changes from NC TR to UC TR and transport

as UC goes independent of phase

Hope it solves

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakar,

Thanks for the reply. .my requirement was how to pull out the TR from NC1, which is ready for golive

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems you mean the request which are already released and are in PRD buffer of satellite system

if this the case you need to withdraw the correction & manually delete the TR from the Buffer in STMS

hope it ans ur query

regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jun 27, 2011 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakar,

if i withdraw the normal correction, i have other Transport requests under this Normal correction , which should move to production as planned

Hope Colman(ChaRM) stores entrries of TR of a normal correction and if i delete the TR(created via charm) entry in STMS buffer before golive phase, will thrown an error? pls confirm

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case

the planned ones you can move to another NC

the unplanned ones you can move to UC

withdraw the original otherwise you won't be able to set its status to complete

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

the planned ones you can move to another NC

u mean i have to create new NC(NC11) under this project, which is possible only by changing the phase back to in development with/withoput release?

Can i can move the TR's of a NC1 to NC2 , when the TR's are in PRD STMS buffer and phase of the project is in golive?

if you have any better solution, would appreciate it

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can i can move the TR's of a NC1 to NC2 , when the TR's are in PRD STMS buffer and phase of the project is in golive?

Moving means you need to move the objects under the TR secondly you are already closing the old nc and removing the tr from buffer so why worrying

if phase is already go live then move all to UC

it is as per your client requirement and situation you need to take decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing my old NC , doesnt mean that i have to close all the changes under it to be stopped going live

So am i asking the technical possibility of adding(moving) the 4 TR's of NC1(say NC1 has 5 TR and i need 4 to be moved to PRD) into NC2.

only way is to create a new NC(by changing the phase to back ), create 4 new TR and copy the objects from 4 Trs of NC1

FYI: we really not in ineterested in UC, so dont want to bring this UC concept in the above scenario

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you wrote is what exactly i have told you that you need to create a new NC and UC

But as you mentioned you dont' want UC so just create a new NC

IF you dont want to create UC then go ahead

first change the phase of project create a New NC create a TR in that and copy those 4 changes from old NC TR into this new NC TR

then withdraw the old NC and remove the unwanted TR from Buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your helpful replies.rewarded