cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing priority in the Work Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anyone confirm a change in ECC6 for me please?

Previously when we created a Notification the priority would determine the Basic Finish Date. We could change this and the Basic Finish Date would update - not problems here.

We could create a Work Order from the Notification, which copied the Priority, Basic Start and Finish Date from the notification. We could change the priority in the Work Order and it would update the basic Finish Date in the Work Order.

Now, since the recent Service Packs were applied, a change in the Work Order priority no longer updates the Basic Finish Date on the Work Order.

Has anyone experienced this, and do you have a solution to fix the problem? Google is telling me my system is working as it is supposed to be. Maybe I had an enhancement or Exit that was written over?

Your comments would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Brendan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge in ECC 6.0 when u create order from notificaiton system copies only longtext from notification to order as per the setting in configuration ..., i think in your earlier system ther might be some enhancement ...

Generally in Order priority with basic dates works only when it entered in IW31 screen ...

You can check if any exit IWO10009 PM Order: Customer Check for 'Save' Event is activated having coding related to this purpose ..

regrds

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks pushpa,

I'm checking the User Exit(s) as you suggested, but failed to find relevant code. I think we may have had a bit of dodgy code that has been returned to standard during the application of the Service packs.

The update used to happen instantly in the Work Order, not as part of the "SAVE", just as it does in Notifications.

I'll keep looking for a while, but our Maintenance Planners may have to get used to Standard Functionality.

Regards, Brendan