Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign role to Default position in SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

I was tring to assign a role to default position through PO13 so that any user who is not assigned to any position will have that role. when i try to find position in PO13 system says it does not exist.

Can someone please tell me how to assign role to default position

Parveen

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Default position is dummy object which does not exist. So this is not possible. You may want to try assigning role to top level organisational unit or using SAP reference user comcept.

Regards,

Saku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Is there an issue with the users who are assigned to a position having this role as well ? If the answer is no then all Users can be assigned this role. You could then also add the role to your dummy user template so all new users gain access to this ?

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos

HI Steve

there is an issue with user having access to this role other than default position. We have a portal role mapped ( tab in protal)for this which sounds like "Past Employee" so if we assing this to all users than even if they working still will see a tab in portal saying past employees

Parveen