cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using new Distribution Channel for dealers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Currently Domestic sales is operating only on one channel DD.

Proposal is to set DR channels for all Dealers sales and DD will be used only for Retail Sales .

DR Channel was previously configured but we were only using DD channel for both retailors & dealers sales.. all configuration is already done like sales area setup and pricing etc. for DR channel

so i would like to what are the pros and cons for using two Distribution channel and maintainence we require.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cons -

- EXTEND all MMR, CMR for the DR (new channel). That is lot of master data in the system - maintainence + performance of system (maybe)

Pros -

- more detailed reporting

- more control i.e. Staff can be limited to use 1 sales area in which they can create their sales orders (and not the other)

If every thing is going good (without any complaints) then I suggest you Keep it Simple.

That is also adviced by SAP.

-

you can use material hierarchy etc. to get reports, statistics etc. without having more DCs

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to extend all customers and materials for new distribution channel.

You also neeed to maintain prices for DD and DR channels separately.

ITs advantage is this that your reporting will be separately executed. You can check how much sales you have done in retail and how much you have done in Whole sale.

I dont know what kind of business your company is running. I suggest you to make a provision for 3rd distribution channel which is DC. B2B sales. corporate sales. May after some months or years your company feel need of it.

For extending customers and materials 2 uploads will do this. Ask you ABAPER to create uploads.

There must be separate distribution channels for corporate, retail, wholesale and Expots if your company is dealing with exports sale.

Hope its clear to you now

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

About maintenance of pricing record - if the condition table does NOT contain S Org / DC fields then you do not have to create cond records again for new S org and Dc.

e.g. PR00, for cond rec has Material = M-1, 2000Euros

It shall be applicable for -

SO1 / DR

and also for SO2 / DD

and for SO1 / DD

-

My personal opinion - Keep creation of EStructure as simple and as less as possible.

Or else maintaining master data becomes difficult + more errors are possible.