cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use HTTPS for my Webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm devoloping one SIte of a Webservice-based Interface.

- My Webservices have to to consumed using HTTPS

- My Invoker(Oracle 10g PL/SQL-Procedure) has to invoke a Webservice over HTTPS

So i have seen how to create Secure-SOAP-Webservices, but I don't find a tutorial, which shows the whole Process: Create the Webserver-Certificate (SAP WAS 6.40), tell the Webservice to use this certificates, etc...)

It would also be graet, to get a link to tutorial..

Greetings,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't use Oracle PL/SQL, but I can give you an idea how it can be done via eg PHP (pear soap in this case) consumer.

I presume that you you have on the WAS already an FM which is webservice enabled.

First you need to set up an array with all credentials

$proxy = array('user'=>'someuser', 'pass'=>'somepass','proxy_user'=>'someuser', 'proxy_pass'=>'somepass');

Then you set up the client with the wsdl and this proxy info

$wsdl=new SOAP_WSDL("https://someuser:somepass@someurl",$proxy);

$wsdl->proxy=$proxy

$client->$wsdl->getProxy();

$result=$client->someFMonWAS();

It's that easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I am afraid there is no tutorial at the moment, but we are working on this topic and it will be available at sdn soon.

Regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

will there be a guide for Java and ABAP?

Regards,

Birgit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Birgit,

yes there will be guides for both, the J2EE and the ABAP side and not only for ssl, but also for authentication via client certificates or Logon Tickets. But I can not say when exactly they all will be available.

regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

one more questions. Will these guides include WS Security? The documentation in help.sap.com doesn't look somehow realy complete.

I miss a tutorial on what I need to configure where in ABAP. My impression is that the Java side is much better documented as the ABAP side concerning Web Services.

Best regards,

Birgit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birgit,

I am afraid all I can say is, that WS Security will not be covered in the tutorials we are currently working on.

Regards,

Dominik