cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Instmaster not identifying oracle..!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pals,

I am installing SAP on cluster and I have Oracle 10g installed.. Now in the second phase.. when I try to install database instance.. Its is showing error that NO DATABASE SOFTWARE Installed.. and quitting from installation.. Pls help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am installing SAP on cluster and I have Oracle 10g installed..

you installed the Oracle 10g software using "sapserver.cmd" script? If not, environment variables necessary for sapinst are missing and hence sapinst doesn't find the Oracle instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you installed using runinstaller instead of script, uninstall and reinstall using the script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SApinst will recognize the installed Oracle and also the Java through the environment variables. after installing the oracle you have set the environment variables for the Oracle. One is ORACLE_HOME and the other is ORACLE_SID. Then you click on continue for the installation. Orkun suggested the same.

Regards,

Srini

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

would be helpfull to know on what OS you are.

Windows / UNIX (which one) ?

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pals,

> I am installing SAP on cluster and I have Oracle 10g installed.. Now in the second phase.. when I try to install database instance.. Its is showing error that NO DATABASE SOFTWARE Installed.. and quitting from installation.. Pls help..

Hi,

I assume that you installed Oracle RDBMS, without any problem. At this stage I recommend you that check environment variables, such as ORACLE_HOME, PATH.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which SAP and database installation guides are you following during the process?

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende