cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Copies not Automatically Trigerred in Copy of SDMJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

So I have managed to copy SDMJ into my custom transaction ZDMJ and introduced additional levels of QA/ CAB Approval.

Previously I have customized SDHF(into ZDHF) to do the same thing, and it has worked perfectly. However with ZDMJ the transport of copies action in the background that is trigerred when we set the status of the change document to "Complete Development" is not occuring at all.

I am also releasing the task associated to the request correctly.

I have assigned the Implementation to the change transaction types as per the settings in the Implementation guide.

I have not altered anything in the copy when it comes to steps leading upto "Complete Development". All customizing steps are trigerred in the QA system, so the copy should ideally work just fine out of the box.

Any pointers as to how I should go about fixing it? Is there some setting to trigger this task of Creating ToC that I am missing?

Appreciate the help!

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any pointers as to how I should go about fixing it?

I would start by looking at the Actions tab. Is the action for Compelete Development green? Look at the log for the action as well and see if anything stands out.

Did you copy the actions profile as well or are you using the standard one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the response.

I did the copy and in the copy modified the action profile, status profile etc.

Thing is, if you look at the SDMJ action log of "Complete development' it performs the following steps in the background.

Sets status to complete development

Creates and Releases a Copy of the original transport request

Marks action as successfully executed.

However in my copy

Sets status to complete development

Marks action successfully executed.

It does not execute the ToC from either the tasklist or in the actions.

Interestingly its not scheduling any of the new actions/statuses at all as well.

This is the first time I am trying to copy/modify a copy of SDMJ. I have done this with SDHF before and they have worked just fine. Hence my question.

So do the actions linked to SDMJ like triggering the ToC etc, happen automatically in the copy ZDMJ as well?

Thanks for reading through. I have added to your tally :). I look forward to a bit more guidance

Appreciate the Help!

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SPRO - go to the Make Settings for Change Transaction Types. Did you copy SDMJ to ZDMJ?

If not, highlight SDMJ. Click on Assign Actions on the left. See the COPY_ALL in the right side table? I believe that is where the Transport of Copies is created and released when the status becomes E0004 To Be Tested (Action: Complete Development).

I'm not sure what you've exaclty copied so far besides the transaction type. Action profile? Status profile? Can you elaborate?

I ask because your change document is never going to be the status E0004 of status profile SDMJHEAD, if you copied it to ZDMJHEAD.

You follow?

EDIT: If you notice SLFN doesn't have any actions in here, so you wouldn't have needed to maintain them like ChaRM.

Edited by: Jason Hickok on Jun 27, 2011 11:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ashamed.

I did not do the last step. (Make settings....)

Good lesson for me, never to speak on the phone and try do the customization. I got lazy after the SDHF copy.

Thanks so much Jason!

Your points tally has been upped!

Appreciate all your help!

Cheers!

Marking this question Solved.

Answers (0)