cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA Analysis Result not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement the BPCA in my Solution Manager system. My current Solution Manager version is EHP1 SPS24. So I have taken consideration of analyzing with SPS 26 upgrade impact. I downloaded the SPS26 and put in the SPAM buffer to see any impact associated with the Support pack upgrade. Then I have created TBOM for few Basis related transactions and ran the analyzer to see if there is any impact result. But I am unable to see any result for any transactions created with TBOM.

May be I am missing somewhere, I followed the SAP standard document for this and did the same way which was explained.

Can anybody help me providing more details on this analysis part. Either provide me some realtime scenario where I can do a successful test analysis upgrading system from Support stack level 24 to 26.

Appreciate any quick reply.

Thanks

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shashi

BPCA isn't really a quick install and it works solution. You should have a proper project in place and you start by properly documenting your business processes.

What you can do to check out BPCA out of curiosity is use a business process from the business process repository that SAP provides (such as maintenance process in Solution Manager which includes maintenance optimizer and so on) and use that to do a BPCA. That way you will already be able to see what it is about to some extent.

To really benifit from it all you need the whole deal in place including test management so you can actually see which tests you have to rerun and by having that information you can exclude obsolete tests from the upgrade process.

Like I said before it's not really meant to be a quick install and check it out scenario.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Please have in mind that during the dynamic TBOM creation all objects

that are executed/touched during the execution of the transaction are

recorded. You can look at which objects are in the TBOM by cklicking on

the 'Display TBOM content' icon on the TBOM screen in the project.

You can also check whether TBOMS for your project have

been recorded.

You can do this in transaction SOLAR_EVAL by executing the report

'Test -> Business Process Change Analyzer - TBOM Analyzer' for

your project.

The following document explains all necessary steps for displaying the TBOM in detail:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/9b/054c079bc744f39dad57d55ed74f7a/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Fabricius