Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define valid tax code

kingofthe_ring
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus,

While posting a vendor invoice through fb70, i am trying to assign the valid tax code.

But when i put in the tax code it is not accepting it.

My tax code is not showing up in the list.

i have checked the following steps for the tax configuration:

a) DEFINED TAX CODE FOR SALE AND PURCHASE FTXP

b) CREATE A PURCHASE A/C FS00

c)CREATE A VAT INPUT A/CFS00

d) DEFINE TAX A/COB40

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Two questions:

1) Did you activated 'plants abroad' in customizing?

this setting is in Financial accouting->financial accounting global settings->tax on Sales/purchases-> basic settings->Plants Abroad->activate plants abroad.

If you have activated 'Plants abroad' (cross client setting) and

2) is your company code in table T001N?

If both replies are YES, then the tax code in transaction FTXP needs that the field 'country for tax return' T007A-LSTML has the same value as the country of your comapny code T001-LAND1

I hope it helps

Regards,

Silvia

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you get an error after an upgrade check out the information provided in this note: https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/smp_custmsg/note_index.htm?note_number=...

You will want to comment out the code related to N1530044  in in function module FI_TAX_INDICATOR_CHECK. This will switch the error to a warning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether the tax code created is assigned to the company code as per the pat below

SPRO-Logistic General-Tax on Goods Movement-India-Basic Settings-Determination of Excise Duty-Condition Based Excise Determination-Assign Tax Code to Company Code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend

please check the following steps in your configuration for TDS if these steps are configured properly you wont get any error.

1.Check W.Tax Countries

2. Define Official Witholding Tax Codes

3. Define Business Place (If more than one TAN No.)

4. Assign factory calendar to Business Place

5.Define W.Tax type for Invoice Posting and Payment Posting

6. Define W.Tax Code for Invoice Posting and Payment Posting

7.Check Receipiant Types

8. Maintain Tax due dates

9. Maintain surcharge calculation method

10.Maintain Surcharge rates

11.Assign tax types to company code

12. Create GL Account - Withholding tax

13. Assingment of GL Account to Withhold tax

14. Maintain Document types for challan updatation

15.Maintain Number ramges group (SAP script forms)

16.Assign Number ranges to number group

17. Maintain number ranges

18. Assign TDS Number in Global Parameters

19. Assign Tax codes in Vendor Master

kind regards

Arman

SAP FICO

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Please check in FS00 against your GL A/c that and look for tax code allowed in it control tab..Put * in it now tax code will appear in FB70.

Regards

kingofthe_ring
Contributor
0 Kudos

i have checked it....it is asking me for the tax code.....but my tax code is not showing up in the list....

Edited by: karanbhambra on Jun 25, 2011 6:14 PM

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Please check for which country you have created the tax code and for which country company code you are trying to post this tax code. Please make sure that the tax code is withing the client in which you created because between client tax codes does not transfer.

If above does not work then please follow the path given

Spro -> financial accounting -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ->Business Transactions-> Outgoing Invoices/Credit Memos->Outgoing Invoices/Credit Memos - Enjoy ->Define Tax Code per Transaction

Select your country and in the next screen select new entries button and add those new tax codes you created (which were not being displayed in FB70). when adding chose the option FIAR FInancial accounting out going invoice,save and exit.

After this setting you should be to see those new tax codes in FB70 drop down list.

Regards

kingofthe_ring
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have done that in the t code OBZT, my tax code was listing in their, but it ain't showed up in FB70, i wonder why.

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your Tax Procedure you are following and the same is assigned to your company code and Account key.

Br, Vivek

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Check assignment of tax procedure in OY01.

Regards