cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max db -- can remove SAP * but How do I change the profile login/no automa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've seen ALL over the net stuff on changing the password for SAP* on the MAXDB TRIAL ABAP system if you get locked out and can't login.

Both my DDIC and SAP* userids didn't work with the defaults on NWTRIAL 7.02

I've deleted SAP* from USR02 via the SQL studio -- as per instructions - from SCHEMA SAP00 SAP DB SAPNSP

BUT WHAT EVERYONE MISSES IS HOW DO YOU GET TO THE INSTANCE PROFILE IN WINDOWS TO CHANGE THE VALUE TO login/no automatic_user_sapstar =0

In other words What's the WINDOWS file I need to edit.

Iis it a table in the DB - schema SAPNSP or is it a Windows file -- and please NO I CAN'T logon to sap to use the RZ* transactions -- as I can't login - which is the main problem.

Sorry if this seems obvious -- I must have missed something here as everyman and his dog tell you the ist piece (which even a non basis guy like me can understand) but I NEED the SECOND BIT.

I know I could re-install the whole thing again but I don't really want to -- it's around an 8 Hour job.

Cheers

jimbo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jimbo,

You can change it in the profile parameter file:

\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile

Also, note [68048|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/68048] maybe be useful.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .,

Add this information in profile login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 and then restart the SAP system, after that you can logon to the SAP system with SAP* and pass