cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on HP-UX of ERP 6.0 SR3 DB2 9.1 in Active/Active Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are planning to install SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 with IBM DB2 9.1 in Production Server in HA Active/Active Mode. We have two Nodes in our setup. On node A we want to run SAP CI & Database instance on Node B with Failover Mode i.e. If Node A fails then SAP CI should failover to Node Band Node B fails SAP Database container should move on Node A.

So kindly help us with the Step by Step Installation guide for Active/Active mode.

Kind Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Please go through the installation document that is available in SAP service market please (SMP).

You can refer the following link to find the document.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/instguides >SAP Business Suite Applications>SAP ERP>SAP ERP 6.0>Installation>SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 - Installation Documentation>IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Regards

Dusmanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dusmanta

Thanks for valuable link.

Please guide me active/active scenario is possible or not. Please tell me which mount point should be mounted on Node A and Node B. and which SAP component will be installed on Node A and Node B.

Thanks

Sunil

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Active-2 scenario is possible but as per my personnel experience, there is no real benefit of active-2.

In active-2 configuration, your DBCI will be on one node and ASCSDI will be on another node. You can check below link for more information:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0950bc1-1fb7-2c10-b381-a49593087...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Thank you for your good suggestion and guidelines.

In current scenario we have ERP running on Distributed Mode i.e. SAP CI on Node A & Database Instance on Node B with OS clustering. If Node A fails then there is no failover to Node B and vice versa.

Management wants to change the scenario, kindly suggest which scenario will be best (A/P, A/A) for long term.

Current End Users: 130

Current Database Size: 210 GB

Current Configuration:

Node A

HP BL860c with 16 GB RAM

SAP CI

SAP ERP 6.0 SR3

OS HP_UX 11iV3

Node B

HP BL860c with 8 GB RAM

Database IBM DB2 9.1 fix pack 5

OS HP_UX 11iV3

So kindly help us with the Step by Step Installation guide for HA.

Please help to fill the below structure:

Node A ?

SAN Mount Points

Local Mount Points

ERP Components

Common Mounts

Node B ?

SAN Mount Points

Local Mount Points

ERP Components

Common Mounts

Kind Regards

Sunil

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to have Active-Passive clustering. In which on one node ASCS, CI and DB will run while on other node DI will run. In case of failover ASCS and DB will move to other node.

As far as mount points are concerned, same is there in the installation guide.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

We have installed Active/Passive mode according to installation guide. CI is running on Node 1 and DI is running on Node 2.

But when we move all the mounts on Node 2. DB2 database is not able to UP.

On Node 2 (su - db2<sid>) hostname prompt not coming.

Following prompt is appearing:

1. su - db2ecp

[14] %

[14] % db2start

db2start: Command not found.

[15] %

Please guide, how to UP DB on Node 2.

Thanks

Sunil

Answers (0)