Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - insert two lines in PFCG long description field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm looking at transferring a spreadsheet of role owners over to the role description field in PFCG AGR_TEXTS line 1 only. The AGR_TEXTS fields "0" role desciption is fine but the next part of AGR_TEXT (line 1 and 2) are causing me a few problems.

I have by-passed the screen for the role description in LSMW and inserted a new field (extended) by deleting the standard field so that I can insert a new row for the role owner/deputy role owner to transport to prod but I'm not sure how to create an "insert" command or break or what ever is the correct program nomenclature to avoid deleting already existing text in the long text field in PFCG.

I'm looking for a bit of ABAP/script for a first stage in LSMWwhich says - at AGR_TEXT [long description] insert two rows so that the next LSMW can just add one new line without over-writing all of the original text.

Either this or it's 2 solid days of SUPC

Regards

David

Edited by: David Berry on Jun 25, 2011 12:37 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that you will need a real program to move the existing lines one down.

Perhaps with an eCatt you will have a better chance of hitting Enter and then repositioning the cursor in the recording?

Anyway, there is a dedicated field for Role Owner (I think it is in AGR_DATEU if I remember correctly - but I also cannot remember any UI for it so it might only be of use for GRC workflows and not online transaction use).

2 days of SUPC would mean a hell of a lot of roles... what went wrong?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

I've asked another who can use transaction SeCATT but he's as stumped as me

It probably wouldn't help anyway as I suspect that, even if we did manage to figure it out, that the LSMW/SeCATT script would then delete anything already present...

Nothing gone wrong as such just 3,600 roles in R3, CRM and BW but the role owners are maintained in a spreadsheet - just looking at options to improve processes. (Estimate based on 15 seconds best rate flat out per role).

I'll have another look on Monday at the role in .csv for anything else that is a better field as suggested!

Regards

David

0 Kudos

AGR_DATEU is showing as "Personal settings for role"

For my user ID in DEV I have:

BROWSER_OPT

MEN_FLG_STAT

PFCG_COL1

PFCG_COL2

PFCG_COL3

PFCG_DOCU

PFCG_HEIGHT

PFCG_WIDTH

SIMP_VIEW

TECH_IN_STRU

WIN_WIDTH

Think I'll ask for an ABAPer...

0 Kudos

Hi David,

you are right. LSMW/Secatt can't pick up value from field and use it for new value. So you need to export current data, combine them with new data and then import it back.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Yes - and there are some fairly long descriptions of the roles' function so I've put this one to bed - the client appears happy to request a develop take a look after I explained I couldn't do this other than manually.

Funny thing is that role owners are almost a given so I would have hoped for something in a recent version but seems not. Maybe we just have to hope for solman or cup for the mapping?

Cheers

David