cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical RFC lookup in PI 7.1 is not working

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i am trying to use a graphical RFC lookup to call function module SXMB_GET_MESSAGE_STATUS. Function Module live on the ABAP side of my PI server.

The situation is the following: i created a small ABAP program to call the function in PI server from my ECC server. It works as expected.

When i try to call the function module from the RFC lookup, i just move a constant to the input (of the lookup), but the output is not the expected one. Instead of get corresponding record, i get back an empty table. I should get the entry as when run the ABAP program.

Hint: Function module receive a parameter of type RAW16, as i mentioned before in the message mapping i move to the parameter just a CONSTANT, could be that the problem? if so, how could i solve it?

Do you have any other idea about how to solve my issue?.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

well, the returned value is taken from an export parameter. This export parameter is of type of a TABLE TYPE. Any idea about how to solve this issue?

I think the problem is how to fill the import parameter of type RAW 16. i am not sure if i am filling in the correct way.

Regards.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your parameter value is not passed properly at runtime, it might cause this error. Check you configured parameter for the RFC lookup properly. I suspect that. Your RFC comm channel seems to be working. No issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Buskar,

Thank you for your answer. How can i check the value of the parameter at runtime? Please consider i have not developed the entire interface, i mean i just have developed the message mapping and i am doing my testings from Test tab of the message maping screen.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to get the data from internal table, RFC lookup in PI will not return the values from internal table, it only returns values from parameter.