cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order backflush creating Negative in Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have setup storage types into which stock is replenished based on Min/Max. These storage types have been setup in a control cycle and supply area to backflush upon confirmation of the production order.

I know this is user error, but when doing confirmation (CO15) or clearing COGI the user enters a batch not in one of those storage types (but available at IM level), it creates a negative in these storage types for that batch even though the storage types are setup NOT to allow negative stock.

Is there any other setting or any notes that can be applied to avoid this issue?

Thanks

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note 489754:

The settings in Customizing which define that no negative stocks are allowed for the storage type, have only an effect on the transfer orders. In addition, you must also set message L9040 as an error message. For this, call up the Customizing and branch to: 'Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Inventory Management -> Allow negative Stocks in Interim Storage Types'. There, execute point 'Control of System Messages in Warehouse Management' and enter message type 'E' for message number L9040.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the message setup. I went back and double checked and saw the assignment of the kind of message was missing for L9 / 040.

Corrected that and now seems to be working ok.

Thanks.

Answers (0)