cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Oracle database 11.2 migrating from Solaris to RedHat Linux (x86_64)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is SAP guidance on database migration ? What is the best approach ?

I heard person who does migration has to be certified by SAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

Just to complement Orkun's reply, you can check the following website for further information:

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is SAP guidance on database migration ? What is the best approach ?

>

> I heard person who does migration has to be certified by SAP.

Hi Jun,

Yes it is correct. Because of it is a OS/DB migration issue, you need a migration key which can be taken and performed by a SAP certified consultant.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the process to be certified by SAP? Attending SAP training class ?

Edited by: Jun He on Jun 25, 2011 2:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the process to be certified by SAP? Attending SAP training class ?

>

> Edited by: Jun He on Jun 25, 2011 2:01 PM

Hi Jun,

You can check course C_TADM70_04.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tthanks for replying. I just learned from others that Oracle Data Pump is supported for SAP. I read in "system copy guide". This would fall under database specific system copy because it only involves OS change. I wonder if this requires migration key and certification when using Oracle Data Pump ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

>> I wonder if this requires migration key and certification when using Oracle Data Pump ?

Data pump does not require migration key, but the heterogenous sysem copy does not support it. If you want to perform a legal system copy, you should choose OS/DB migration.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for prompt response. When you say "heterogenous system copy" does not support it, do you mean SAP does not support the converted system or just the process itself ?

Actually I am discussing with SAP about generating a system copy to send over to SAP and they said that Data Pump is an option they can accept. If Datapump is accepted by SAP internally, I would think after migration SAP should support datapump-migrated system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for prompt response. When you say "heterogenous system copy" does not support it, do you mean SAP does not support the converted system or just the process itself ?

>

> Actually I am discussing with SAP about generating a system copy to send over to SAP and they said that Data Pump is an option they can accept. If Datapump is accepted by SAP internally, I would think after migration SAP should support datapump-migrated system.

Hi Jun,

I didn't said that SAP will not support your system, after the migration by Oracle data pump. I noted that OS/DB migration is performed by heterogenous system copy with the migration key.

Under this circumstance, if they accept to support you during the migration process with data pump, there's no problem. As I noted that previously, technically it is possible to migrate the system by using data pump, but I didn't requested that kind of support to SAP. I've been surprized to hear that they will support migration with Oracle data pump method. This is my own assestment.

Will they support you, if you face with a problem during the migration with data pump? Or some other problems you may be face after you go to productive, because of this migration?

>> When you say "heterogenous system copy" does not support it, do you mean SAP does not support the converted system or just the process itself ?

I mean that SAP does not support just process itself and the problem you face because of this migration.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Jun 29, 2011 11:11 PM