cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe PrintForms - Include Text read isn't updated until program restarted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having an issue with Adobe Print Forms that someone here may be able to help me with.

We have developed a custom program that allows users to enter data into a long text field and then it stores that information into the database using the FM 'SAVE_TEXT'. As soon as the save button is hit that information is updated into the database, I know this because I can use SE37 to run 'READ_TEXT' as soon as the save is completed and see the new data. This program also has a button on it that is linked to an Adobe Printform. This button calls an FM for the print program which uses the typical 'FP_JOB_OPEN' and calls the generated print program to display the form. On this form is a field where this long text is displayed. This long text is brought in to the Adobe form using an Include Text Node built into the form context.

The problem that we are having is that when the user enters new text into this field and saves and then chooses to run the form, the old text data is still being displayed on the form. It is not until the user closes the program and runs it again that the printforms start displaying the updated data.

I am not sure if anyone has run into an issue similar to this before, but any light that can be shed on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a solution to this problem. What was happening was the generated print program was reading the text the first time it was run but when the form was called after that it wasn't going back to the database to retreive the updated text.

Instead of have my custom print program in a function module I had to put it in a program and call it using a SUBMIT so each time it would be called fresh and would grab the data from the database. I hope this helps anyone who runs into this same issue.

Answers (0)