cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In PI7.1 channels showing RED status actually working without issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In PI prod environment, we have two decentralized server on which SFTP channels are deployed.

once few SFTP channels got into error with socket exception stating: Could not connect to remote host or directory.

However there was something strange to see that the communication channels were in the error status but the messages were still processing. No issues reported by the business: business impact = 0.

this incident has happened twice.

Can someone tell me what could be the reason of this wrong status?

before raising OSS , I want to know if someone has faced this issue?

Regards,

Ratnapriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

Sometimes channels showing working but there is some sub components are failed that may be the reason.

or that channel failed in past.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be 1st time the connection got errors (server down/busy) and it may worked in channel retry (default 3 attempts with 5 min interval). It happened in our Test system, but not in production. Check your CCMS alerts for the communication error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone give me some other idea about this? why does it happen?

Edited by: Ratnapriya Rai on Jun 27, 2011 5:28 PM

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There might be some issue with the channel initialy but it would have resolved after some time. When the channel retried after certain time the channel polled successfully.

Channel shows in RED status untill all the 25 entries are filled in your channel processing details(if all your channel entries in processing details is filled with successfull message ID's the channel will automatically change to green ).

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

If the channel get into error and later the channel start working properly, cluster node stores the log for some duration of time hence it shows the channel in error status. Later after sometime the status will change to Green status.